Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #1
Veteran Member

After all the bla, bla, bla about the K-5......

I think I'm falling in love with this camera.

I will wait a bit for testing on the higher ISO, but I've started removing my K200D's from there cases, removed batteries, eye magnifiers, etc, etc and have put them in there original packaging.

I will make sure they are nice and cozy for there next home .... they have been VERY well taken care of ;- )

In addition my Pentax flashes will be departing, as I'm sure Pentax will have some major upgrades in this department ;- )

I'm deciding if I should sell my DS's also, great cameras, can't get much for them, but technology has way passed them by ... comparing my DS's to my K-x is like putting Muhammad Ali into a ring with Pee Wee Herman, somebody is going to get hurt and I don't think it's Muhammad Ali !

wll

Last edited by wll; 09-20-2010 at 08:24 PM.
09-20-2010, 08:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Concur.... I can't decide which (K20D or K-x) I should give up when I upgrade....
09-21-2010, 12:33 AM   #3
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Seems you're already keen to move on wll.
It'll be a big change from the *ist DS and K200D.
Enjoy waiting.
09-21-2010, 12:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Yes its going to be a great camera and cant wait to get one this year, should be a big step up from my k200d! But i will keep it as a back-up

09-21-2010, 01:09 AM   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote
I think I'm falling in love with this camera.
Wishing you the best of fun and enjoyment once you and her unite .
09-21-2010, 01:37 AM   #6

Yes - I agree and my old K10D is currently in new hands.

Still shooting the istDL and boy that feels old compared even with the K10D.

Now we just have to wait.
09-21-2010, 06:38 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote
I'm deciding if I should sell my DS's also, great cameras, can't get much for them, but technology has way passed them by ... comparing my DS's to my K-x is like putting Muhammad Ali into a ring with Pee Wee Herman, somebody is going to get hurt and I don't think it's Muhammad Ali !
Congrats on the upgrade! Wish I had the funds at my disposal. I guess I'm stuck in the pee wee's. Took this with my DS yesterday.

09-21-2010, 08:33 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm sticking with my K10 for as long as it works, but if I had the money and it packed up tomorrow, I'd be getting a k-5.

As it is I'll be buying some lenses when I get some spare money, and a K-5 when the time comes. I wasn't that taken with the K20 or K7, so it's nice to know that there is a Pentax out there I would like to own - makes me feel much more comfortable buying k mount lenses.

09-21-2010, 09:44 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I wouldn't mind a K-5 or a K-r but I think money-wise I'm better off saving my pennies and watching to see how many of you sell your K20/200D's! I might finally get a good deal on one if a lot of people here decide to upgrade! I have also thought a lot about the K-x but used they're going for too much for me right now to justify getting one used. I might as well buy one new for what I am seeing people asking most of the time. I'd like the K-x but I could deal with a K20/200D for a while or even an *ist and they're bound to drop a bit more now that the K-r and K-5 are due out.
09-21-2010, 09:52 AM   #10
Veteran Member

After all the bla, bla, bla about the K-5......

It will be my next camera .
09-21-2010, 10:01 AM   #11
Pentaxian

The K5 looks very, very nice, at least on paper. My finances won't allow a purchase in the near future but a year or so down the road, I just may jump.
09-21-2010, 10:33 AM   #12
Banned

I don't see too many with K-7's that plan on upgrading to the K-5 compared to K20 etc users since the K-5 is a clone of the K-7 body and many of the features of the K-5 that have been improved like very high iso and 7fps are not used as much as some people think by many users. The two main features that sold me on the K-7 was HD video mode and HDR mode. As far as I could see the K-5 has not been improved enough for me to justify the cost of upgrading. For K20 and other users that don't have the K-7 I could see it as a must have. If the K-5 did not improve the FPS from 5 to 7 fps but instead had 1080p30 and full manual video control I would have upgraded unless a FF was coming soon.
09-21-2010, 10:34 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Yes, I will jump on the rat-race of acquiring a K-5. I currently own K-x and K-7, both bought 2nd-hand.
09-21-2010, 10:44 AM   #14
Veteran Member

I am sold, but have never been an early adopter; will definitely be getting the K-5 when it approaches the $1K-1100 mark (or possibly the 18-135 kit again depending in price).
09-21-2010, 11:31 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm going to sell my K-7 to my son (they don't call me dadipentak for nothing) and buy a K-5.

BTW, That's a super photo, michael!