Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2010, 09:26 PM   #1
Veteran Member

SR efficiency the main difference between K-7 and K-r?

Dear All,

Besides the obvious Weather Resistance, larger 100% Prism vs Mirror, more pixels, direct control access to more parameters as well as connectivity like stereo microphone (but not IrSimple...), actually the difference in SR effectivity would also be a main reason to consider a K-7 iso K-r.

K-7 and K-5 also correct for rotation, K-x and K-r don't:
- Some where I actually read the SR-system of K-r was down shaped to support larger LCD in still compact body (larger than K-x).

How can both delivery benefit up to 4 stops?!?!?!?!
- Of course by not introducing any rotation disturbance...

But what is realistic / typical performance difference between (at various focal lengths):
- In lens (how many dimensions?)
- In body without rotation
- In body with rotation

Oh, I understand Pentax doesn't want to state the K-r/x are bad, but how much better are the K-7/5 on this aspect?

Best regards,

Joep

09-21-2010, 09:07 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I haven't heard anything indicating that the SR on the cheaper bodies is any worse, as it uses the same technology. On those grounds, I'm going to say that it's the same, but I will welcome controlled tests!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-21-2010, 09:09 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
anyone confirmed if the new models have "Always On" SR as opposed to having to half shutter to start the SR?
09-21-2010, 09:41 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I haven't heard anything indicating that the SR on the cheaper bodies is any worse, as it uses the same technology. On those grounds, I'm going to say that it's the same, but I will welcome controlled tests!
Thanks, also curious how much more K-7 already brings over K-x, but K-5 vs K-r will be sufficient to convince me as well.