Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2010, 04:55 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yeah this looks really cool. especially together with the 5 user modes.

09-25-2010, 08:43 AM   #17
Forum Member

One of the really helpful attributes would be a button to toggle between histogram and highlights on review. I find that for some shots I want histogram and others I want to check out the highlights. On the K-7 I think highlights only works with ISO 200 or greater. Anyone know about the K-5 specs on this?
09-25-2010, 12:05 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zerodaze Quote
One of the really helpful attributes would be a button to toggle between histogram and highlights on review. I find that for some shots I want histogram and others I want to check out the highlights. On the K-7 I think highlights only works with ISO 200 or greater. Anyone know about the K-5 specs on this?
If by "highlights" you mean the blinking warning on overexposed sections of the image, it applies at all sensitivities. The ISO 200 or greater limitation relates to highlight recovery, which is a separate function that wouldn't make sense to "toggle between" in playback mode, so I presume it's the blinking highlight warning you're talking about.
09-25-2010, 12:26 PM   #19
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by knoxploration Quote
If by "highlights" you mean the blinking warning on overexposed sections of the image, it applies at all sensitivities. The ISO 200 or greater limitation relates to highlight recovery, which is a separate function that wouldn't make sense to "toggle between" in playback mode, so I presume it's the blinking highlight warning you're talking about.
You are absolutely correct. Thanks for setting me straight! The blinkie highlights are what I was referring to. I can see them by pressing the review button, still requiring a button push. So maybe not THAT helpful. Still...
Thanks Knox.

09-25-2010, 01:30 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by digitalCG Quote
Just being able to assign it to SR on/off would be a start please
That would answer two of my "Dear Pentax" requests/rants/whines/tantrums.

But I'll think of a new one soon - to keep my standing as a posting Pentaxian.
09-26-2010, 08:28 AM   #21
pdo

would be cool to assign the button to CUSTOM WHITE BALANCE. Press Button, shoot gray card and done.. Awesome for wedding and events where I don't have to time.
09-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by knoxploration Quote
It needn't be useless, even as a raw shooter., I'm sure just occasionally you still shoot a photo that's not intended to be a keeper, or which you want to share immediately as well as keeping. I know I do, even though I'm a raw shooter too.

What I did is simply set my raw button to switch back and forth between raw, and raw+jpeg. Now when I want a quick throwaway JPEG, I don't have to delve in the menus to get it, or develop the raw in playback mode / on my PC.
Yep. That's the only use I have for it on the K7. I call it the JPEG button.

09-26-2010, 11:08 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
Yep. That's the only use I have for it on the K7. I call it the JPEG button.
Hah -- and here was me thinking I was alone in that! ;-)
09-28-2010, 12:38 PM   #24
Veteran Member

The info button is used as a quick screen to change many functions. Pentax should allow customization of what the user wants to have quick access too. It would cover most requests here.

I wish I could use the RAW button for turning the top LCD on and off. I also wish I could assign the four way key pad buttons to manually control the shutter and aperture. Left right shutter up down aperture or vise versa. I am not very good with those wheels on the fly.
09-28-2010, 01:53 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
What I'd find useful is being able to set a button to bring up the SR control for entering the focal length of the lens - it would make it much easier to use older zooms. Now it's faster to turn the camera off and back on than to waddle through the menus. A button press would make it more efficient.
Do you change the focal length depending on what the zoom is set at ?
Pete
09-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #26
Col
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
Yeah this looks really cool. especially together with the 5 user modes.
Even more powerful if the Fx button can have different functions under each user mode! Still would like it to do LCD illuminate along with whatever main function it can take.
09-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by digitalCG Quote
Just being able to assign it to SR on/off would be a start please
+1 I do miss the physical switch when I use the K-7.
09-28-2010, 04:30 PM   #28

Assign the Fx button to toggle between the 5 user modes, with info on the rear lcd of which user mode you are up to, then essentially the Fx can have up to 5 different uses.

Hopefully this is one way theyve implemented it.
09-28-2010, 04:54 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bentax Quote

Hopefully this is one way theyve implemented it.
Unfortunately this Pentax, and it will likely take the K-3 to make it work effectively as we want it too. However it would be nice to see how configurable it is, Did anyone play with this function @ Photokina?

Can i say set it to Change my ISO, Aperture & Shutter speed, So basically i'm shooting a Still bird, but then it goes to fly away, I could press the button and instantly boost the shutter speed to 1/2000 and the ISO to 400 etc... Pressing it again could take me back to 1/250th and ISO 100 for example.

To me that would be great, I doubt the idea will work. But I'm wondering what functions it can be used with, because i have no doubt half of the options i want to assign won't be configurable.