Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2007, 09:59 PM   #1

Problems Opening SD card door

I didnt dropt it or otherwise hit the camera in any way...yet I cannot open the SD disk door.

Any suggestions?

I do NOT want this thing gone for 4-6 weeks waiting for a minor repair.

Please help.

09-04-2007, 10:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

take it to the camera shop? if they say yes they can take it, make sure they arent going to send it in...
09-04-2007, 10:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Not sure which camera you have (my only experience is with the k10d), but if you've tried the standard way of opening it, I would suggest perhaps put the camera down on a table, twist the opening mechanism and try to help it along with your other hand.

I'm thinking it's possible something sticky (soda?) dribbled onto the seal binding it enough the spring loaded mechanism will not pop it on its own.

Otherwise, the only thing I can think of is perhaps the spring popped (very uncommon) or slipped out of place and there's nothing forcing the door open once you release the latch. You should still be able to twist the opening mechanism and gently pry it open.

Otherwise, take it in and see what the tech says.