Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2010, 08:35 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Noise Reduction in K-x

Hi,

Can you please shed me some light on how to and when will I use this feature the next time I will go for a shoot? Also it has different levels, do you use it?

Thank you.

09-23-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Good Morning,

I always keep the NR off on my K-x. I like to keep all the detail I can at the time of the image capture.

Later, if I have to, I'll do some noise reduction in post processing. I rarely feel the need to with the K-x, though. Most of the time the noise isn't that noticeable, and when it is, I find that I really like the look of it. The K-x is the first camera (for me anyways) that I feel has film grain-esque noise.

Good luck!

Chris
09-23-2010, 04:20 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Noise reduction is for high ISO shooting - that usually means low light shooting. You turn it on if you find the results with it off are too noisy for your tastes, and then you turn it up until it starts looking less noisy, but don't turn it up so far that it starts looking like the detail has been smooshed out. I can't tell you how far you'll want to turn it up any more than I can tell you how far to turn up the volume on your TV - everyone likes things different.
09-25-2010, 02:54 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thank you Chris and Marc, I still need to maximize the controls of my K-x, oh If it's not too much too ask, what are the uses of highlight correction and shadow correction? If I have to do things
in -camera, I think I must learn its function right?

Thank you.

09-26-2010, 12:11 AM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Check pages 189-190 from K-x manual.