Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
09-30-2010, 11:57 AM   #46
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great idea.

09-30-2010, 11:57 AM   #47

Thanks for those useful tips! I will try some of them today.

I have been used my K20D for about 2 years, and I still love it, I never thought to replace it by the K7, and I am not sure I will move to K5 yet, sounds tempting but not good for family economy.

I use User mode all the time, with AF button pressed with my thumb half pressed shutter disabled, learned at Daystar Visions page.

Something that tricked me at the beginning was the usage of Takumars, I used to forgot to switch from AF to MF, and when I pressed shutter button it never fired, until i realize this switch will help me.

I will be waiting for that K20D Manual in ePub format to check it on my iPad, thanks Brecklundin
09-30-2010, 04:50 PM   #48
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by donallison13 Quote
Bump...great camera...just trying to get 10 posts in as a newbie.
That makes 2 of us
09-30-2010, 11:01 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Not to worry, Ron

Some days I still puzzle over my S1a like a coon dawg starin' at a wrist watch.

H2

10-01-2010, 12:19 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Bumblebee71 Quote
Thanks for those useful tips! I will try some of them today.

I have been used my K20D for about 2 years, and I still love it, I never thought to replace it by the K7, and I am not sure I will move to K5 yet, sounds tempting but not good for family economy.

I use User mode all the time, with AF button pressed with my thumb half pressed shutter disabled, learned at Daystar Visions page.

Something that tricked me at the beginning was the usage of Takumars, I used to forgot to switch from AF to MF, and when I pressed shutter button it never fired, until i realize this switch will help me.

I will be waiting for that K20D Manual in ePub format to check it on my iPad, thanks Brecklundin
You bet...btw ya should be OK to view the PDF format manual on your iPad already. I hang out over at MobileRead Forums but don't remember ever reading anyone with probs with PDF and their ipad...the maunal is just under 9.5" and your ipad has a diagonal measure of 9.7" so the manual should scale nicely, in fact it should be pretty much life size. Have you had probs? I am only working on getting it out of PDF because my Kindle blows at PDF, even the K3 is sort of m'eh...as is the DX...but I like the EPD panels in direct sun so I want it to format well...but I'll drop you a note when I finally get it done...only been screwing with it for a few months now, time ya know...

Funny about USER mode...I think it is great but I honestly never have used it consistently. My old 40D has two USER modes and I was forever overwriting them and have been even worse with the the K20D. I guess I never use it the same way often enough to not keep thinking someting "better" is out there.

One thing I WISH all DSLR's would add is the ability to save/backup out user settings to files in the memory card where they could be reloaded at will. Hey, is there a way to make that happen in DEBUG mode? Why does that sound right? Or am I dismembering the wrong device?