Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2010, 10:17 PM   #1
Inactive Account

problem in my new pentax k-x

hi everybody am new member in pentax forum .. i hope i can find a solution for my problem

i just received my pentax k-x from amazon before one week ..
i was taking photos till the batteries are almost died ..
and today i bought new batteries and i changed it with the old one and it works ..
then i turn it off when i make sure that the new batteries work ..
i wasn't intending to take photos at that moment
so i put the camera in the bag ..
after maybe half an hour i took my camera to take some photos
and here is the surprise ..
the camera doesn't work !!!! ..
i tried to put the battreis again and again ..
and tried to put the old one ..
but the same thing ....
am soo afraid at this moment
i don't know what to do ..
the camera is clean never dropped off to the floor nothing has crashed it ...
so please if u have experienced this problem before or u know anything please help me

my regards sadeq

09-26-2010, 10:22 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've reset your post's formatting- no need for excessive fonts.

I would try to put in some non-rechargeables and see if they work.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-26-2010, 10:24 PM   #3
Inactive Account

I would guess that your batteries are the problem. Try a new set, even alkaline, to see if the camera starts up. Then search the forum for posts about Eneloops and the proper charger. Once you have decent batteries, Update your firmware and you should be good to go. If a fresh set Won't start the camera, an exchange may be in order. From what I understand, Amazon is pretty good about taking care of matters such as this.

09-26-2010, 10:39 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Adam for replying .. and thank u Jeffjs for replying i will go now to buy a new battery :: i hope somenoe face the same problem to reply

09-26-2010, 10:44 PM   #5
Pentaxian

There's nothing wrong with your camera, you are using the wrong batteries. Buy Energiser Lithiums or Sanyo Eneloops. I'm guessing you are currently using some cheap NiMH rechargables or alkalines.
09-26-2010, 11:24 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thanks twitch for replying ..i don't know anything about kind of battries ... which kind should i use ?? .. thought anything would work .. and am not sure will i find those kind of battreis that u have mentiond it here in my country or not .. i just found battrey called eveready and i bought it .. and it works in the first time .. but second time nerver reply
09-26-2010, 11:56 PM   #7

You need to dive into the Menu, and change the batteries from "AUTO" to "Ni MH" or "ALKALINE" or whatever batteries you will choose.

Manuals and Literature - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site

Second, Update your firmware, It helped out when I got my K-x in Nov. 2009, the firmware addressed the issue Version 1.01 (thank-you), the batteries were fully charged but they were miss-reading the charge, they addressed the issue with FIRMWARE.

Lastly, something all the community can agree upon, a FIRMWARE update for Choosing SDM or Screwdrive AutoFocus on all Pentax, and thats not asking for much, just being flexible, just saying...
09-27-2010, 12:14 AM   #8
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sadeq-x Quote
hi everybody am new member in pentax forum .. i hope i can find a solution for my problem
Download the last firmware for K-x and install it.
Latest K-x Firmware Update : Software Downloads : PENTAX

09-27-2010, 12:40 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The best AA battery results come from (in this order):

(1) Energizer Lithium's (which are expensive and non-rechargable but can last for months)
(2) Sanyo Eneloop's (which are relatively expensive but are rechargable and last a long time per charge)
(3) standard alkaline batteries (which are non rechargable and last only a very short period of time in the camera).

For long term use of the camera, rechargable NiMh batteries that are Sanyo Eneloop branded (with a matching Sanyo Eneloop brand charger) are probably your best option.

One you have gotten some good batteries, updating the firmware (as others have suggested) is also a good idea.
09-27-2010, 06:45 AM   #10
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ptwist61 Quote
You need to dive into the Menu, and change the batteries from "AUTO" to "Ni MH" or "ALKALINE" or whatever batteries you will choose.

Manuals and Literature - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site

Second, Update your firmware, It helped out when I got my K-x in Nov. 2009, the firmware addressed the issue Version 1.01 (thank-you), the batteries were fully charged but they were miss-reading the charge, they addressed the issue with FIRMWARE.

Lastly, something all the community can agree upon, a FIRMWARE update for Choosing SDM or Screwdrive AutoFocus on all Pentax, and thats not asking for much, just being flexible, just saying...
Thank u for replying :: the camera doesn't work to access into its menu :: so i think i have to buy a new engergnizer battries :: and about the frimware let me finish from this problem first then i will update it : )
09-27-2010, 06:51 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thank u ogl for ur replying :: i will try to update ones i finish from the battreu issue
09-27-2010, 06:51 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
For long term use of the camera, rechargable NiMh batteries that are Sanyo Eneloop branded (with a matching Sanyo Eneloop brand charger) are probably your best option.
i will try to look for this kind of battrey :: it seems the best choice
09-27-2010, 06:55 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Sadeg,

I had a similar problem with my Kx, it died recently after 8 months of great use.... I was taking a shot and right after the shutter opened, the camera completely died and never came back to life, and I tried all kinda of batteries.

The camera is currently with Pentax, for warranty repairs. I have not yet heard back from them.

Consider sending it back for repair.

Good luck,

BB
09-27-2010, 02:49 PM   #14
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BBear Quote
Hi Sadeg,

I had a similar problem with my Kx, it died recently after 8 months of great use.... I was taking a shot and right after the shutter opened, the camera completely died and never came back to life, and I tried all kinda of batteries.

The camera is currently with Pentax, for warranty repairs. I have not yet heard back from them.

Consider sending it back for repair.

Good luck,

BB
thank u for replying :: so what i understand from u that during the 8 months u have been using the same kind of battries ? :: and unfortunetly i have no currently to return it back because i bought it from amazon :: but i will try to find either energziger or sanyo battries and i'll buy it and see what will happen
09-27-2010, 04:07 PM   #15

if the camera really dead, try talk to amazon first, you might able to get get a replacement instead of sending it in for repair.