Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2007, 03:01 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by shutterdrone Quote
I've had the Computrekker AW for a few years, it will fit my 17" thinkpad no problem. Only problem is, IMO, it's a horrible pack. It's too big for casual use, and you have to have a perfectly sized body for the bag to be comfortable trekking. Find the waist belt useless on my 5'10" frame. It doesn't really have room for anything but camera stuff, and I rarely need to carry _that_ many lenses and such in the field (your needs may differ, obviously).
I don't trek, have broad shoulders and am a touch over 6 and find it perfect. It is a big bag, but I need all my gear on me all the time.

I shoot motorsport and can be anywhere from 5ft to 500ft from the track and need to cover all of this, then need my flash for the presentations which are usually taken as the sun is setting. You're right though, there isn't much room once you stuff the front pocket with a safety vest, weathershield paperwork etc.

I have a MicroTrekka and use that for K10D, flash and a short lens or 2 if I know I won't need the big stuff.

09-08-2007, 08:18 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use a Lowepro Off-Road when I am travelling since it fits nicely on the passenger sear of the bike. When I carry everything I own I use a Lowepro Nova 5. I usually carry my K10D with it's 18-55mm, a Pentax 50-200mm and a 100-300mm and a 50mm, along with a few filters and maybe my flash. When I carry the Nova I have my full set of ND filters along, a 2x converter, a wide angle adapter and my ZX-L film body.
09-08-2007, 08:28 AM   #18
Inactive Account

I use a Tamrac pro12 case to keep the K10D in.
09-08-2007, 09:57 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Well I carry a varity of bags depending on the task at hand.
The big trekking bag is a Lowepro Naturetrekker II that will hold all of my gear.
The normal big kit bag is a Lowepro Stealth Reporter D300, an excellent working bag for a fairly big kit.

A Lowepro minimag for short outings, A DOmke F3x for smaller kit citytrips, A Kata T-214 for long hikes.

I am evaluating another bagpack solution, where, either Naneu Pro K3 or bravo or the lowepro Dryzone Rover is among the choices.

If I am using a shoulder bag, then the tripod is on the bag (backpack style bag) or if using a backpack it is strapped on to that.

09-11-2007, 06:42 PM   #20
Site Supporter

I use the Shoulder Sling bag from Kata : T-214 for my K10D with Grip and an extra lens.

It has an amazing build quality. Here is a link to the bag, Kata
09-11-2007, 08:02 PM   #21
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tamrac Velocity 9 Sling

Tamrac Velocity 9 Sling.

....turns out now that I have it, I realize I hate sling bags. Makes me feel like I'm being choked when I put in the 12 lbs worth of camera, lenses & 'stuff'. I use it over one shoulder instead in which case it's ok; but then I didn't need a sling and would have the option of switching shoulders if I had a back-pack style.

Best part about it is you can hang the bag over the shoulder in-front of you and the top flap opens away from you... that's sweet.

Wish it had one or some external mesh pocket(s) for lose items that come in and out often.