Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2010, 09:08 AM   #16
Veteran Member

The old ones can be either modified as Lowell Goudge says or replace the metal groves with a custom made one that fits the DSLRs. Now the problem is to find a k right finder. i got mine modified and now it fits my K20D nicely. It is not getting much use thought.

03-31-2010, 11:21 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There are also several 3-rd party viewfinders at DealExtreme

DealExtreme: $50.51 Seagull Snap-on 1X~3X Zoom Viewfinder for Digital/SLR Cameras

This one has adjustable magnification from 1x or 3x

Last edited by Sakura; 03-31-2010 at 09:55 PM.
03-31-2010, 04:25 PM   #18
Eds

Mine came from Hoodman. Its the second one I've purchased from them as the K-7 version is different from my old istDS version. Anyhow, works great. Find them at: www.hoodmanusa.com Great company to work with too. Eds

Last edited by Eds; 03-31-2010 at 04:33 PM.
04-01-2010, 10:12 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pdmlmember Quote
The Pentax Right angle finder A is expensive at about $400 new.

My suggestion is to look for the Olympus Variomagni and make sure its the OM version and not the newer one for their 4/3 system. These are almost as good as the Pentax one and a lot better than the Seagul, etc. ones you can find on Ebay.

The old OM version can be found cheap. I just this last week picked up one new in the box for $75 including shipping.
I'm not the OP, but many thanks to the numerous recommendations on various threads for the Olympus Variomagni. Mine arrived today from an Ebay purchase for less than the amount mentioned above. It is better built than any third party finder I've tried, and optically first rate. It fits all of my 6 pentax K-mount bodies , digital and film, as though it had been made for them.

This is one of those times when this forum has been invaluable. My travel tripods and manual lenses are now far more useful.