Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2010, 12:19 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Well.. I should have done a lot of things but again I just played with it for a few minutes.

10-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #32

Photos: Albums
four guys at my work have canon 5d mark II's and the image quality, contrast, colors, are just amazing. You will not regret a 5d mark ii purchase if you use the camera on a regular basis. It should also hold its value quite well from what i can tell as well.

5d mark ii is a pixel peepers dream.
10-01-2010, 04:55 PM   #33
Forum Member

My 2 cents, What lenses were you shooting them with. I would battle the K-x with DA* lenses versus 5DMII to "L" series lenses to be fair. I know I have a quality set with the K-x and DA* 50-135 2.8 and for a lower price than the 5DMII and L series lenses. 650 plus 750 inexpensive compared to 2300 and 2500(70-200 2.8 IS Mark II). Pentax is the best-bang-per-buck, but if your ballin'...your choice
My teachers in school say that the 5DMII is "L" series hungry, you almost need it.
10-01-2010, 05:14 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ptwist61 Quote
Pentax is the best-bang-per-buck...
Agree!
The k-x had the Sigma 30 1.4 and the 5D Mark II Had the Sigma 50 1.4
I am currently saving for an L lens. So far I have sold the DFA 100 2.8 WR and a the FA 50 1.4 and I only have half of what is needed for the Canon 35 1.4 L. Still will be another week or two before a get a replacement from newegg.
buttons- Thats what I keep on hearing.

10-01-2010, 05:55 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ptwist61 Quote
[deleted]
I would battle the K-x with DA* lenses versus 5DMII to "L" series lenses to be fair.
[deleted]
Lenses here are not the issue. The differences have to do with the physics of pixel size and density between both product sensors. Your Pentax setup (a nice one) would be the equivalent of f4 on a FF.

Pentax excels in single focal length lenses, but their current zooms are unexceptional. There is nothing in a current K-mount equal to any top-line L zoom, especially the Canon 70-200mm f2.8 IS MkII.

If your heart is set on making a direct comparison, than something more reasonable might be against a Canon 50D using the Tokina 50-135mm sister lens to the DA*. I've done something very similar with my 7D vs. my K20D. In addition to costing two-thirds of what the DA* lens runs, I actually preferred the rendering of the Tokina--better sharpness and color. Plus it's got a tripod mount which the Pentax version sorely lacks. There's some meaning here somewhere.

Comparing a FF sensor with a crop mount is entertaining but only meaningful when the stakes are higher--as in commercial work and larger expensive fine art prints.

M