Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Will a date be anounced.....

...to tell people when the K5 is officially being sold and ready to ship out? Or will we just have to keep checking the sites to see when they say they are available? I'm getting anxious and have no clue if I should expect the end of October or begining of Nov....or even if there is a way to find out before hand exactly when they will be available.

09-30-2010, 11:30 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nobody knows (really), including the retailers themselves. The most accurate estimate I've gotten after speaking with B&H personally was "the second half of October" according to their distributor.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-30-2010, 11:31 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Moved to DSLR discussion

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-30-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
Banned

Photos: Gallery
I truely expect the K-5 in november. Pentax is still very busy with firmware, so a little delay is to be expected when you look at K-7 and 645D history. No worry's it'l be under your X-mass tree.

09-30-2010, 11:54 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I also think that Pentax won't ship K-5 in October. Photokina revealed that K-5 is not ready for production yet, I guess that K-5 will ship in late November or early December.
09-30-2010, 12:10 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
No worry's it'l be under your X-mass tree
haha..yeah, I'm a little anxious. Still loving shooting with my K 10, but I'm ready for an upgrade.

I couldn't remember when the K-7 and/or K-20 came out if they actually ever came out with an "It will be ready to ship in two weeks" type anouncement. Or if it was just up and ready one day on B&H and you just had to keep checking to find out.
09-30-2010, 01:50 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Edvinas Quote
I also think that Pentax won't ship K-5 in October. Photokina revealed that K-5 is not ready for production yet, I guess that K-5 will ship in late November or early December.
I think I missed something.

Were there hardware deficiencies noted at photokina or were we only missing production-ready software? If the latter, that could be a last-minute thing.

I recall someone noting 0.30 as the release seen at photokina. I agree that sounds pretty early. OTOH, if it really is that early, it certainly seems to be quite functional and stable. Good news, all in all.