Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #16
Forum Member

sulia, I looked at the photos and thought they seemed like home, now I see you are also in Oregon. It also looks like he would benefit from more zoom range available in an SLR. That was one of the reasons I bought my Kx. My p&s just would not get close enough in many situations.

10-17-2010, 10:26 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Just thought I'd post an update - after presenting the options to his wife, she decided to go with the K-x, largely because we could still get it new, and if he had any problems it would be covered under Pentax's warranty. We ordered it, and it should arrive at my house (where he'll be in no danger of stumbling across it between now and X-mas) in a couple of days. At which time, I plan to pull it out of the box and take a look in person at how it compares (controls, size, etc) w/my K20D.

I'm still waffling about picking up a K-x myself specifically for vacations and travel, because it's lighter...IDK.

Bob - my friend is actually in Seattle, but it's pretty amazing how often their weather matches ours, and the scenery is pretty similar, too. Whereabouts in Oregon are you? I'm in Albany, about an hour and a half south of Portland.
10-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #18
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by suliabryon Quote

Bob - my friend is actually in Seattle, but it's pretty amazing how often their weather matches ours, and the scenery is pretty similar, too. Whereabouts in Oregon are you? I'm in Albany, about an hour and a half south of Portland.
I am on the coast near the CA border. We are enjoying some nice weather these days, but I'm still thinking about the coming rain.