Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2010, 01:14 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
talked my friend into a K-x

and she got it today. She didn't want to wait until the Kr came out and called me as soon as she got her white camera in today. I had about 15 minutes to try to help her before she had to leave, and I'm wondering if there is a spot to download the manual online. (I shoot with a K10, and found it a bit different than the Kx) I was trying to figure out how to change the aperature while having the camera in manual and couldn't figure it out. Leafed through the manual but didn't have time to really sit and find any answer. The only way I could change it was too swith to aperature priority, change the f stop then go back over to manual. I figured there was an easier way to do it and thought I'd check into it for her.

10-01-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Start here and select through to find the camera and download the manual
Manuals and Literature - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site
10-01-2010, 01:22 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks so much! I did a quick search myself before posting and couldnt' find anything...I'll check that out now.
10-01-2010, 01:25 PM   #4
Veteran Member

It's a bit unintuitive so I found the shortcut:
http://www.pentaximaging.com/images/temp/63399407595779261272600manual_k-x_en_official.pdf

10-01-2010, 01:26 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The aperture in Manual mode, with an A-aperture lens (IIRC), you hold the +/- button next to the Green Button and use the dial wheel to adjust.
10-01-2010, 01:30 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks SO much guys!! Our boys play football together and I look forward to "playing" with her camera more during the boys game this weekend.
10-01-2010, 01:36 PM - 1 Like   #7

I have a Kx and in Manual mode you tap the +/- button to switch between the shutter speed and F stop items. Then use the dial to adjust values. You do not need to hold it down.
10-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #8

Original Poster
Thanks! I'll let her know! I appreciate the help!

10-01-2010, 05:11 PM   #9
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by R.Miller Quote
I have a Kx and in Manual mode you tap the +/- button to switch between the shutter speed and F stop items. Then use the dial to adjust values. You do not need to hold it down.
This is interesting to know! Thanks!

Since I basically only shoot manual lenses, the dial defaults for shutter speed in M mode. I guess since it's not getting any electronic aperture information from the lens, it only handles the shutter speed.
10-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #10
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by R.Miller Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
This is interesting to know! Thanks!

Since I basically only shoot manual lenses, the dial defaults for shutter speed in M mode. I guess since it's not getting any electronic aperture information from the lens, it only handles the shutter speed.
AV+- only switches between shutter speed and aperture in M mode with KAF and KA lenses. With M42 and fully manual lenses the AV+- button sets the Program line allowing you to use the Green Button for other functions. Aperture in M mode with manual lenses shows F---. Of course Ira already knows this.