Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2010, 11:52 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by alman Quote
Pentax KX ... Aperture handles DNG fine except for the KX
I cant afford to buy a photo processing software for Pentax K-7 and another one for a Pentax KX
That doesn't make any sense. DNG shouldn't be camera specific as far as I know. That's the whole point. If you were having problems with PEF files (Pentax RAW), I could see a software not handling one. The Kx has been out for a year now and should be supported in your software. Are you sure you have the latest of the RAW processors for your Aperture?

10-04-2010, 02:46 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Try this. It's free:
Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 6.2 update
12-08-2010, 02:59 AM   #18
Forum Member

Original Poster
I updated to the latest KX firmware and I noticed that I get the red color in my pictures when I go to 64000 ISO. I actually get it at 32000 ISO and 16000 ISO but the redness in the picture reduces as I reduce the ISO. The red comes whether in JPEG or RAW mode and the Red in the picture disappears in both JPEG and RAW when I go to ISO 800 or less.
see examples of the photos above

Any one can explain?
12-08-2010, 03:24 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by alman Quote
the latest Pentax software version works but the processing is limited compared to Aperture
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
So therefore it is an issue with how your installation of Aperture handles K-x RAW.
I'd get in touch with tech. / customer support and be provide them with the above images: there is an apparent bug here with handling k-x raw files. I understand Apple support is good (?), and this is something they need and should be eager to fix.