Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2007, 05:50 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Best price

I'm seeking the K100D (Perhaps the K10D, depends on the price), but the catch is, he must ship to Iceland!

I was going to buy the camera off adorama.com, but when the currency agains the USD was good, the camera had been taken off the site (Most likely sold up - the super is now available)

So I ask, best price w/ international shipping?

09-09-2007, 05:55 AM   #2
Veteran Member

The total at Abesofmaine.com to ship the k100dand kit lens to iceland is 573.95

That's where I got mine, and my friend got her d40. They do try the upsell... but they are not too pushy about it.
09-09-2007, 06:44 AM   #3
jth
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lapeen Quote
The total at Abesofmaine.com to ship the k100dand kit lens to iceland is 573.95

That's where I got mine, and my friend got her d40. They do try the upsell... but they are not too pushy about it.
After reading resellerrating.com I will not purchase from Abes of maine, their rep. is B-A-D
09-09-2007, 07:10 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jth Quote
After reading resellerrating.com I will not purchase from Abes of maine, their rep. is B-A-D
Thats weird, i bought my 50-200mm from there with no problems and my dad has been buying stuff from them for years.

09-09-2007, 07:13 AM   #5

Best price for K100D

I purchased a K100D with Lens kit from Beach Camera in New Jersey two weeks ago for $446. I ordered it about noon on Monday and had it in Dallas on Wednesday. I did pay about $18 for 2-3 day shipping. I was happy with the price and the service.

David
09-09-2007, 07:16 AM   #6
jth
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DavidH Quote
I purchased a K100D with Lens kit from Beach Camera in New Jersey two weeks ago for $446. I ordered it about noon on Monday and had it in Dallas on Wednesday. I did pay about $18 for 2-3 day shipping. I was happy with the price and the service.

David
Yeah, but they don't offer International shipping in my knowledge
09-09-2007, 07:49 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I have to disagree with the "their rep is bad" thing. I know several people that have ordered things from them... including MYSELF... with NO problems whatsoever. And ADORAMA... (who has GREAT ratings) gave me a HUGE hassle when I tried to order my k100d from them.... which is why I ended up getting it at Abes and wishing I had in the 1st place.
09-09-2007, 07:57 AM   #8

I read a lot of bad things about Abe's too and going against my better judgment, I ordered from them anyway. They didn't call and my camera arrived quickly. No problems at all. I'm not sure if they're trying to change their reputation or if I just lucked out but I'll use them again.

To jth: do you know somebody reasonably well in the US? Are you in a hurry to get your camera? You could always get a friend to order the camera for you to get the $50 rebate and then get them to ship it to you.

09-09-2007, 08:04 AM   #9
jth
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mopar_man Quote
I read a lot of bad things about Abe's too and going against my better judgment, I ordered from them anyway. They didn't call and my camera arrived quickly. No problems at all. I'm not sure if they're trying to change their reputation or if I just lucked out but I'll use them again.

To jth: do you know somebody reasonably well in the US? Are you in a hurry to get your camera? You could always get a friend to order the camera for you to get the $50 rebate and then get them to ship it to you.

No I don't know anyone in US, that I know of anyway and the 50$ is not a big issue..

A fun fact, the k100D was sold here in Iceland until this summer, when it was replaced by the K10D, want to know the last price? About 1100$... Yep!

The K10D w/ 18-55mm costs now about 1500$ (calculating with the current currency) and these prices are at the local pentax dealership..

Crazy.

edit: prices
09-09-2007, 09:09 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DavidH Quote

David
It sounds like they're really shaping up.

A decade ago (even five years ago), Beach Camera was the last place you would want to go buy camera equipment. Shady, shady, shady! I lost track of how many people my family knows that got screwed over by Beach (Their brick-and-mortar location is 20 minutes from my parents) in the past.
09-09-2007, 07:45 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Entropy Quote
It sounds like they're really shaping up.

A decade ago (even five years ago), Beach Camera was the last place you would want to go buy camera equipment. Shady, shady, shady! I lost track of how many people my family knows that got screwed over by Beach (Their brick-and-mortar location is 20 minutes from my parents) in the past.
Yup, I also heard bad things about Beach Camera back in the day. Abe's of Maine, too. Perhaps the BBB's finally cracking the whip on some of them, which is good for us consumers.
09-11-2007, 02:48 PM   #12
jth
Inactive Account

Original Poster
17th street

Hi there, i see 17th street photo has it in stock, but to buy it internationally the money has to go through "paily" ??

has anyone used this paily service? (www.paily.com)

17th street photo have a seriously high rep, but i've never seen this paily thing??
09-11-2007, 09:00 PM   #13
Forum Member

Beach or BuyDig.com is some of the best prices and who are truly honest and professional. I piad $458 then it dropped to $445...man, they dont do price matching....