Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2010, 07:00 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JACOBY Quote
The lower end nikons and canon don't have it either when I had my Nikon D3000 what I did was get an L bracket mount it to the bottom of camera tripod screw now to the craft store little mirror glue to the bracket angle so that you are behind camera wireless remote now works fine aim remote at the mirror plus your behind the camera. Ended up selling the d3000 got the k100d like new plus I can use all that great pentax glass. But the mirror thing does work Great Site
Note that I don't own either, but had assumed that these products (below) that are corded, and freely available at paltry cost on the aftermarket, would plug in and work, as advertised, for the Nikon D3000 and Canon 1000D models respectively.

MC-DC2 Shutter Release Remote for Nikon D90 D3000 D5000 - eBay, Shutter Remotes, Photographic Accessories, Cameras. (end time 17-Oct-10 20:54:02 AEDST)
Remote Shutter Release Canon 400D 450D 500D 1000D OZ - eBay, Shutter Remotes, Photographic Accessories, Cameras. (end time 26-Oct-10 00:22:11 AEDST)

And here's another, yet different type connection, but still claims 1000D support.
Remote Shutter Release For Canon 350D 400D 3000D 1000D - eBay, Shutter Remotes, Photographic Accessories, Cameras. (end time 07-Nov-10 14:17:55 AEDST)
?Very confusing? And not having direct buyer experience of any of these products one can only go by the stated claims.

From your experience, doesn't the D3000 have such a connection port that would utilise the above?

Ps: Your suggestion of using a mirror is quite constructive and helpful, albeit not practical for all users or circumstances.

.R.

10-09-2010, 12:05 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SOldBear Quote
I also happen to have 2 Pentax IR remotes, but I don't use them often. I don't think they work reliably at more than 10 ft, especially in the sun.
Guess you use loooooong cords?
10-09-2010, 12:32 PM   #18
Pentaxian

One has to watch their step with lower end models...

As someone else said, its not just Pentax and its not just corded shutters.

The reason i didn't buy the Kx, is that it didn't have the corded shutter.

The reason i'm not buying the D7000 is it doesn't have the bracketed exposure range of the Kx, Kr, K10, K20, etc.. Also doesn't have multiple exposures. Why? I've been told that they don't want the D7000 to pull away D300/400 customers so they crippled it.

Lot of times, camera mfr. don't make the weaknesses in base models apparent in their previews. You have every right to be frustrated.
10-09-2010, 03:22 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JoepLX3 Quote
Guess you use loooooong cords?
Not sure if you are serious. If you are, the answer is no.

See my post and photo above. The wireless setup is good for at least 50 ft (I haven't try greater distances); no line-of-sight is needed, and it works in bright ambient light.

10-15-2010, 02:35 PM   #20

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by philbaum Quote
As someone else said, its not just Pentax and its not just corded shutters.

The reason i didn't buy the Kx, is that it didn't have the corded shutter.

The reason i'm not buying the D7000 is it doesn't have the bracketed exposure range of the Kx, Kr, K10, K20, etc.. Also doesn't have multiple exposures. Why? I've been told that they don't want the D7000 to pull away D300/400 customers so they crippled it.

Lot of times, camera mfr. don't make the weaknesses in base models apparent in their previews. You have every right to be frustrated.
I am just still in awe that my 100d super has it and my k-x does not. Debating whether to try and get used to shooting without my bushhawk or to take the financial hit and get a body that does have the cord.
10-15-2010, 05:27 PM   #21
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dummey Quote
I am just still in awe that my 100d super has it and my k-x does not. Debating whether to try and get used to shooting without my bushhawk or to take the financial hit and get a body that does have the cord.
A corded remote is a must, my K100 had the connection. The next logical step is to upgrade to K5.