Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Koenig, I have been trying to post a reply to your own reply (to me) and I am getting some very weird behavior on the forum: it just won't let me post with quotes!!! ???

Anyway, I want to thank you for the reply and I am following this thread of yours daily. Thanks for your sharing of the tests you've been doing.
Very informative and timely!

Cheers!

JP

11-12-2010, 12:48 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for your kind words HCC, Pete, and JP!

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
Like you I am about get a K-7 after years with a K100D
so reading all I can about setting up the K-7
cheers
Pete
Pete, unless you are willing to wait a year or more for the price of a K-5 to come down under $1000, I would highly recommend the upgrade to a K-7. The K-7 is leaps and bounds ahead of the K100D when it comes to handling, ergonomics, sealing, and speed. If some of these 'semi-pro' features aren't as important to you, then an upgrade to the more affordable K-r might be worth considering.

In part I hope this thread and the others on the forum will help people realize that there are pretty straight forward and fast/easy ways to eliminate a lot of high-iso noise in an image. The bottom line I think is that people spend too much time pixel peeping when most of these 'noisy' images would look great printed 4x6 or viewed at normal resolution and would never be an issue to most.
11-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #18
Pentaxian

double post

Last edited by Transit; 11-15-2010 at 12:45 AM.
11-12-2010, 06:16 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Good points thanks !
My K-7 is with the courier atm
looks like I have to wait til monday

I didn't consider the K-r or the K-x as I like the top lcd and would really like a quiet shutter
Pete

QuoteOriginally posted by Koenig Quote
Thanks for your kind words HCC, Pete, and JP!

Pete, unless you are willing to wait a year or more for the price of a K-5 to come down under $1000, I would highly recommend the upgrade to a K-7. The K-7 is leaps and bounds ahead of the K100D when it comes to handling, ergonomics, sealing, and speed. If some of these 'semi-pro' features aren't as important to you, then an upgrade to the more affordable K-r might be worth considering.

In part I hope this thread and the others on the forum will help people realize that there are pretty straight forward and fast/easy ways to eliminate a lot of high-iso noise in an image. The bottom line I think is that people spend too much time pixel peeping when most of these 'noisy' images would look great printed 4x6 or viewed at normal resolution and would never be an issue to most.

11-14-2010, 10:43 PM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
My K-7 is with the courier atm
Very excited for you Pete, congrats on your purchase, you'll love the K7!
11-15-2010, 12:56 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Koenig Quote
Very excited for you Pete, congrats on your purchase, you'll love the K7!
Totally Mate... very kind of you
It came this morning. I'm just blown away by it, so fast, so quiet, so many buttons
so noisy
I really am going to have to study up on yours and others NR techniques.
I always used to shoot underexposed in preference on the k100D (flower macros)
Looks like I will have to mend my ways and expose to the right now
I had pooh poohed the thought of an extra e wheel but loving the iso button/e wheel function.
Realised how tuned into the K100D I was, getting the best out of it. Most of the evening flowers shots I just took are crap. Learning curve is going to be fun
Cheers
Pete

Last edited by Transit; 11-15-2010 at 01:29 AM.