Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2010, 02:58 AM   #1
Pentaxian
Arpe's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,330
Funny re K-7 settings...

I've had my K-7 for about 18 months. I set the focus point to select and leave it there. 99.5% of photos are taken with it in the centre, but occassionally I shift it elsewhere. Tonight I wanted to turn it back to auto select, I was hunting through the menus for a while, going through each list at least twice trying to figure out how to change the setting, before giving up. Then while chatting to someone casually glanced down at the back of the camaera and saw it - the switch around the AF button! Ah, so that's how youchange that setting! I laughed.

10-11-2010, 03:08 AM   #2
Col
Veteran Member
Col's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stansted Essex
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 615
"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot." ...and he shall be called a Pentaxian

Fortunately I can't find -ve rep point button.
10-11-2010, 03:13 AM   #3
Forum Member




Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Timisoara, Romania
Posts: 74
QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
I've had my K-7 for about 18 months.
Are you sure?
10-11-2010, 03:15 AM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 923
The K-7 is one of the most customisable cameras in the market - and that includes the "Other" brands. It allows you to tweak it in such a way its really YOUR camera....

That introduces its own problems - sometimes I forget exactly what I did change away from default, and where/how to change it back.

10-11-2010, 03:54 AM   #5
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Nass's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The British Isles
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,210
The ones that always get me is that you have to set it to jpg only first in order to do some stuff
10-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #6
Pentaxian
Arpe's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,330
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Col Quote
"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot." ...and he shall be called a Pentaxian

Fortunately I can't find -ve rep point button.
Lucky for me!

QuoteOriginally posted by MariusCTM Quote
Are you sure?
Yep, April '09 I got it. Just don't change settings like that much, I set it once, set my User mode how I want it, and I'm happy!

QuoteOriginally posted by kittykat46 Quote
The K-7 is one of the most customisable cameras in the market - and that includes the "Other" brands. It allows you to tweak it in such a way its really YOUR camera....

That introduces its own problems - sometimes I forget exactly what I did change away from default, and where/how to change it back.
For sure - how many pages of settings are there?

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
The ones that always get me is that you have to set it to jpg only first in order to do some stuff
Yes, I've just come across that too
10-11-2010, 04:29 PM   #7
Inactive Account




Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,485
QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Lucky for me!

Yep, April '09 I got it. Just don't change settings like that much, I set it once, set my User mode how I want it, and I'm happy!
The K7 was announced May of 2009 and Pentax usually announces 1 to 2 months before actual release. If you say you bought it in April, I can't argue with that, wasn't there. Just wondering how you like the K5

Pentax K-7 digital SLR announced and previewed: Digital Photography Review

10-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #8
Pentaxian
Arpe's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New Zealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,330
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
The K7 was announced May of 2009 and Pentax usually announces 1 to 2 months before actual release. If you say you bought it in April, I can't argue with that, wasn't there. Just wondering how you like the K5

Pentax K-7 digital SLR announced and previewed: Digital Photography Review

Ssssssshhhhhh!

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, k-7, photography
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature This is not funny! Syb Post Your Photos! 3 11-24-2009 11:22 AM
I'm unhappy with K-7 settings. Help me custom the settings like k20. netuser Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 16 09-01-2009 08:39 AM
isn't it funny? ustacood Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 08-21-2009 09:54 AM
It's Funny graphicgr8s General Talk 20 07-04-2009 05:24 PM
K10D Custom Settings... Your Settings Gadget_Guy Pentax DSLR Discussion 4 05-25-2008 06:33 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:47 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top