Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2010, 02:58 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Funny re K-7 settings...

I've had my K-7 for about 18 months. I set the focus point to select and leave it there. 99.5% of photos are taken with it in the centre, but occassionally I shift it elsewhere. Tonight I wanted to turn it back to auto select, I was hunting through the menus for a while, going through each list at least twice trying to figure out how to change the setting, before giving up. Then while chatting to someone casually glanced down at the back of the camaera and saw it - the switch around the AF button! Ah, so that's how youchange that setting! I laughed.

10-11-2010, 03:08 AM   #2
Col
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot." ...and he shall be called a Pentaxian

Fortunately I can't find -ve rep point button.
10-11-2010, 03:13 AM   #3
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
I've had my K-7 for about 18 months.
Are you sure?
10-11-2010, 03:15 AM   #4
Veteran Member

The K-7 is one of the most customisable cameras in the market - and that includes the "Other" brands. It allows you to tweak it in such a way its really YOUR camera....

That introduces its own problems - sometimes I forget exactly what I did change away from default, and where/how to change it back.

10-11-2010, 03:54 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The ones that always get me is that you have to set it to jpg only first in order to do some stuff
10-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Col Quote
"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot." ...and he shall be called a Pentaxian

Fortunately I can't find -ve rep point button.
Lucky for me!

QuoteOriginally posted by MariusCTM Quote
Are you sure?
Yep, April '09 I got it. Just don't change settings like that much, I set it once, set my User mode how I want it, and I'm happy!

QuoteOriginally posted by kittykat46 Quote
The K-7 is one of the most customisable cameras in the market - and that includes the "Other" brands. It allows you to tweak it in such a way its really YOUR camera....

That introduces its own problems - sometimes I forget exactly what I did change away from default, and where/how to change it back.
For sure - how many pages of settings are there?

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
The ones that always get me is that you have to set it to jpg only first in order to do some stuff
Yes, I've just come across that too
10-11-2010, 04:29 PM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Lucky for me!

Yep, April '09 I got it. Just don't change settings like that much, I set it once, set my User mode how I want it, and I'm happy!
The K7 was announced May of 2009 and Pentax usually announces 1 to 2 months before actual release. If you say you bought it in April, I can't argue with that, wasn't there. Just wondering how you like the K5

Pentax K-7 digital SLR announced and previewed: Digital Photography Review

10-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
The K7 was announced May of 2009 and Pentax usually announces 1 to 2 months before actual release. If you say you bought it in April, I can't argue with that, wasn't there. Just wondering how you like the K5

Pentax K-7 digital SLR announced and previewed: Digital Photography Review

Ssssssshhhhhh!