Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2007, 04:07 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A great thread

QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
As I may have already mentioned, I bought my K10D recently and was extensively reading the current literature before my purchase. I don't think there is any ambiguity on the Canon 40D (certainly even the 30D) being superior for BIF type of photography as compared to the K10D. But, this is not to say that the K10D is forbidden to be used. I think most of the discussion was trying to figure out the optimal way to do it with the K10D. But even with the 40D there is no question that there is a steep learning curve when it comes to BIF.
Please let me thank all of you for a well thought out and informative thread. As a relative newcomer to photography that has never tried action shooting it has been very informative. It will save me from a lot of frustration when I do attempt to photograph things like BIF, both from the difficulty of doing it but also from the limitations of my equipment. Considering the relatively small investment I have in my kit it is not surprising there are some limitations.

Thanks,

Ken

09-17-2007, 10:17 PM   #77
Inactive Account

The Sony A700 maybe a better camera for tracking subjects according to the reviews. My 7D was very bad at tracking anything moving faster than a snail but from all accounts the A700 is totally different. Anyway we'll know for sure in a few weeks. AF tracking may be the only weakness in the K10D, apart from that it's at a different level than its comparitive competitors. The introduction of SDM lenses says to me that Pentax may fix the bugs shortly!!

Tim H