Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2010, 08:05 PM   #46

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve Beswick Quote
But your money saving measures (and those of everyone else) are exactly what is sending this economy right down the drain. I am well aware that this world is not perfect, but is that any reason to roll over and play dead? The right thing to do is not always easy or cheap. Using "everybody else is doing it" as a justification is a bit childish. Are you going to jump off a bridge too? Lead by example, not by saying "I'll do the right thing if you do the right thing."
When did I say "everyone else is doing it, and that's why I am"? You're being a bit condescending too...don't hurt yourself getting off your high horse. Thanks for the lecture.

So you're telling me that I should overspend to stimulate the economy? That I should spend more than I make, since I just told you I'm not even earning more than the rate of inflation, and all prices and services continue to go up? Over spending, and buying beyond your means is what has doomed America. Saving money is a good thing, and something that all of us should be doing.

Actually, this is a completely ridiculous conversation. We are sitting here talking about a discretionary purchase of over $1000, not buying groceries or medicine.

10-12-2010, 09:06 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by qtopplings Quote
When did I say "everyone else is doing it, and that's why I am"?
QuoteQuote:

When you wrote "...That's a major reason why people like me try to save money any way they can. In a perfect world, we'd all buy locally, recycle everything, etc. It's not a perfect world."
You're being a bit condescending too...don't hurt yourself getting off your high horse. Thanks for the lecture.
I'm Sorry if I came of in any way derogatory. That wasn't my intention. I was merely attempting to make a point in a "conversation" about an issue that I feel strongly about.

QuoteQuote:
So you're telling me that I should overspend to stimulate the economy? That I should spend more than I make, since I just told you I'm not even earning more than the rate of inflation, and all prices and services continue to go up? Over spending, and buying beyond your means is what has doomed America. Saving money is a good thing, and something that all of us should be doing.
At exactly which point did I say you should over spend? My suggestion is to buy a couple less items, and help out your local economy in the process. If you are anything like the average American, you have bought and kept at least 10 items in the last year that you never use. Take those items back, and you will break even.

QuoteQuote:
Actually, this is a completely ridiculous conversation. We are sitting here talking about a discretionary purchase of over $1000, not buying groceries or medicine.
Since it is not something you need to survive, isn't my argument for buying local all the more valid? Or is keeping your neighbors employed not important to you?
10-13-2010, 06:02 PM   #48
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Just to rub it in, I got their email newsletter saying they have Phase One in stock.

phase-one-savings-2010 store at Calumet
10-13-2010, 06:22 PM   #49
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rory Quote
Just to rub it in, I got their email newsletter saying they have Phase One in stock.

phase-one-savings-2010 store at Calumet
60.5 megapixel captures, Flash syncronization up to 1/1600s... all for a modest $17,000 to $37,000. I truly do wonder who exactly can afford to buy such expensive cameras and whether or not the improvement in the pictures they take is really worth them costing 20X as much as other Pro-bodies.

10-13-2010, 06:47 PM   #50
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TiminyCricket Quote
60.5 megapixel captures, Flash syncronization up to 1/1600s... all for a modest $17,000 to $37,000. I truly do wonder who exactly can afford to buy such expensive cameras and whether or not the improvement in the pictures they take is really worth them costing 20X as much as other Pro-bodies.
It's just ironic to me they stock that and drop Pentax all together.
10-13-2010, 07:19 PM   #51
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rory Quote
It's just ironic to me they stock that and drop Pentax all together.
It really is... I mean how many people are going to rush out and buy a camera which STARTS at 17 grand?