Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clarence legaspi Quote
i didnt go full frame but bought a 7d for low light and manual movie mode 1080 24p and 720 60p but i still love shooting my k7 and now i miss my k20 which i sold that darn cannon ;[
lumpy
I was going to sell my pentax gear but.. lucky i held the thought off! I will definatly be keeping all my pentax equipment

10-12-2010, 10:35 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clarence legaspi Quote
i didnt go full frame but bought a 7d for low light and manual movie mode 1080 24p and 720 60p but i still love shooting my k7 and now i miss my k20 which i sold that darn cannon ;[
lumpy
Do you find the 7d as usable as the k7 or k20?

I must admit, I am really used to and like the controls on Pentax cameras. It was the reason I bought my first SLR - a Pentax - I tried all the different models, and Pentax just felt right.
10-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jubei Quote
Full frame is really over rated.
Unless your doing comercial photography.. stay away from full frame.
Two points:

1. Will you be selling away your Canon gear now?
2. Where one could see your pictures besides those that one can find under Gallery link in your profile?
10-12-2010, 11:06 PM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Boris Quote
Two points:

1. Will you be selling away your Canon gear now?
2. Where one could see your pictures besides those that one can find under Gallery link in your profile?
Hi Boris, I will be keeping my Canon gear
I will use both formats depending on what I can be bothered carrying on the day i guess.

I have more photos on my home computer. The pics I've posted up are from my facebook site hence low res

When I get home I will post them, I am at work at the moment *sigh*

10-12-2010, 11:19 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Hi Boris, I will be keeping my Canon gear
I will use both formats depending on what I can be bothered carrying on the day i guess.
The defense rests . Seriously however, it will be interesting to know what habit you develop over time - that of Pentax or that of Canon...
10-12-2010, 11:28 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I'm sure this topics covered somwhere.. but since i've got time!!
there is nothing an APC sized sensor can't do!

i'll break it down for you quick, apart from physically having a larger sensor you can always work around this easily. I get more of a kick from getting good photos from an apc sensor then my ff because i actually had to do some lateral thinking.

for example somone mentioned on this thread about wide angle being better on a ff .. but you get work around by buying a ultra wide angle for the apc eg sigma now has a 8-16mm.

depth of field easier to achieve on ff but.. overcome by on apc by using larger aperture prime lens. easy!
thats what im going to do ...
larger aperture prime is here easy to reach... with manual lens is also very easy...
and also 8-16 in my K10 is 12-24... thats enough i think ... if need wide more, we can just stich it..

anything you can do on a ff you can do on apc.. just abit more of a challenge thats all. no real world difference. if you see this as a challenge rather then limitations .. you will get more satisfaction from taking great photos from apc
i totally agree with you ...

yeahh.. i think we are overwhelming the FF ..infact, the need of APC lens is bigger rather then we have to build the FF lens system from the scratch because as far as i know , DA range or DA* ist also not very satisficated for some of the pentaxmania right know

..or perhaps lets considered to jump in medium format ..
its anounce today .... and the lens is also availabel though mostly a manual lens
10-12-2010, 11:29 PM   #22

Original Poster
The defense rests . Seriously however, it will be interesting to know what habit you develop over time - that of Pentax or that of Canon...
I'm leaning towards Pentax at this point in my life as I love to travel and need weight to be as low as possible. I still am not convinced about my purchase was a worthwhile upgrade.

10-12-2010, 11:33 PM   #23
Veteran Member

I'm leaning towards Pentax at this point in my life as I love to travel and need weight to be as low as possible. I still am not convinced about my purchase was a worthwhile upgrade.
if you want to low your gear weight, considered not to bring K20 D ... with a battery grip??? it will like bring a stone on your shoulder ...
10-12-2010, 11:37 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I understand, but I cannot help but notice that you also have Sony NEX 5. At any rate, should an opportunity arise, I'd be more interested in touching base with you, say 3 months from now...
10-12-2010, 11:42 PM   #25

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ewig Quote
thats what im going to do ...
larger aperture prime is here easy to reach... with manual lens is also very easy...
and also 8-16 in my K10 is 12-24... thats enough i think ... if need wide more, we can just stich it..

i totally agree with you ...

yeahh.. i think we are overwhelming the FF ..infact, the need of APC lens is bigger rather then we have to build the FF lens system from the scratch because as far as i know , DA range or DA* ist also not very satisficated for some of the pentaxmania right know

..or perhaps lets considered to jump in medium format ..
its anounce today .... and the lens is also availabel though mostly a manual lens
yay.. at least i'm getting through to someone! *high five*
10-13-2010, 12:05 AM   #26

Original Poster
I understand, but I cannot help but notice that you also have Sony NEX 5. At any rate, should an opportunity arise, I'd be more interested in touching base with you, say 3 months from now...
I feel like a guinea pig haha sure msg me in 3 months time and I'll update you on my most used camera.

And yes i have an NEX 5, i mainly use that for video capture as it does full HD 1080p video and has AUTOFOCUS!! great for capturing my quick little toddler. I use this camera when I really can't be bothered with weight
10-13-2010, 03:29 AM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Even pros don't like huge cameras for every day photography. They may use a Nikon D3x in their work, but when they go home or vacation, they want something smaller and more portable even if doesn't have quite as narrow a depth of field or as good low light capability.
10-13-2010, 04:28 AM   #28
Veteran Member

I feel like a guinea pig haha sure msg me in 3 months time and I'll update you on my most used camera.
Oh, I did not mean to come across like that. I do apologize.