Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2008, 09:50 AM   #31

I wear what we call in the UK Varifocals - I think they are called something different in the USA. They are also photochromic.

It was certainly difficult at first, but now I rarely notice apart from the viewfinder display is even harder to see in bright conditions.

Overall glasses give me no problems in focussing - so perhaps as a previous poster suggested there is an AF problem (though I think this is much rarer than these forums would have you believe)

11-19-2008, 10:40 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Perhaps to clarify....I use auto focus (and am very happy with it) almost all the time. I have adjusted my diopter for no glasses. With trifocals its difficult doing a manual focus( I own some manual lenses). I am considering a Katz Eye but haven't taken the plunge yet. Contacts would not be worth the hassle in my case as I need to wear eye protection at work. My distance vision is ok, just slightly off and don't need glasses to drive but went the bifocals and now trifocals route because constantly changing between 3 different pairs of safery glasses at work just doesn't work. I think many of us who have used manual film SLR's for many years and then get stuck with glasses have problems adjusting to "glasses photography".
11-19-2008, 12:48 PM   #33
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Set the dioptre to the way you normally use the camera, i.e. with or without glasses but make sure you always do it the same way, set and using.

I must admit that I can't even find the camera without glasses, so no option for me there then.

For manual focus I'm using both a Katzeye screen (brighter screen, split prism) and viewfider magnifer (Pentax O-ME53) as focusing aids.

These work for me, just try various things and see what suits you best.