Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #121
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I had a Sigma SD14 for a few months. It had exactly the same problem. Funny thing is that whatever camera shows this up , the tilt is apparently ALWAYS lower to the right! Very odd.

It's not just Pentax OR Canon.

08-02-2008, 03:45 PM   #122
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had mine adjusted last nov. by pentax CO and they had it for 4 days. The ups took longer, I bought a k100d super because I thought it would be a while and they were really cheap then. I just sent mine back in for a weird problem with the programming and they told me it would be a warranty job because it was less than a year since that service.
08-02-2008, 03:51 PM   #123
Busiko

Inapt service men from Pentax?

My K10D was sent back to Pentax in Lisbon for repair of the leaning to the right problem. It was returned to me more than two months later, after warranty deadline. The problem was cured, but amazingly they applied a not desired upgrade. Since I was waiting for it for two long months, avid as I was, I didn't noticed that some curious shoemaker had tried to repair my K10D. Yes someone inside Pentax, be it Lisbon or Hannover, forced the opening of the bottom plate so hard that they managed to scratch on the corner and crack it midway of the lateral wall. As I only noticed that a few weeks later, they refused to accept my claim.
So be aware. Pentax can damage your camera. Please have it checked before and after service for possible damage.
Rui Caldeira - Lisboa - Portugal

Pentax K10D serial nr: 22806xx

Last edited by Busiko; 08-03-2008 at 09:12 AM. Reason: remd sr nr
08-02-2008, 07:00 PM   #124
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've found it harder to align horizontals with K20D than with my Canon F1s...

...I've proved to my satisfaction that this is not a camera error... something about the viewfinder makes it easy to be sloppy...

MAYBE a grid screen will help...I want one eventually and one of my Canons has always worn one...

...HOWEVER I've just realized that I didn't have the viewfinder diopter perfectly adjusted...check that out..it's a well-designed Pentax standard feature... I'd overlooked it...should be helpful for everybody with iffy un-corrected vision, glasses, or contacts...

...we're probably all aware that alignment with horizontals is harder with wide lenses than with long lenses, right?

08-09-2008, 09:24 PM   #125

I've had no problem with this.. sounds odd.
01-25-2009, 02:36 PM   #126

Interesting to check in again here after a long time and find that this issue is not being resolved. I still do not feel confident enough to send my *ist D, which has this problem, for repair. Very irritating. It is a good camera in other respects.
John