Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2010, 01:57 PM   #1

K 5 on Amazon UK

Amazon UK site says the K-5 will be available on 1 November. I wonder if the price will change since the dollar is so much weaker against the pound?

10-17-2010, 02:08 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Ooh, wouldn't that be nice but somehow
those things (prices change due currency fluctuations) take a long
time to put in place

Cheers,

jack
10-17-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
why would the USD to the pound matter? last time I looked Hoya is not a US mfg...get ready as they have already boned the US buyers with daily price changes and the claims have been relative to the Yen so you guys are gonna start getting the same treatment in which ever way adds more profit to the Hoya coffers. But in general as long as gold keeps it's insane upward spiral we are all going to be paying more for everything. If there is not a November "price correction" (read profit taking) of gold, it will likely breach the $1500/oz level by year's end...it is already up over $300 for the year.

Gold has always been and will keep being the true way to judge the state of global economy even if part of the modern prices is due to industrial needs being at record levels as well.
10-18-2010, 02:49 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Gold is spiraling upwards because the dollar is spiraling down compared to almost all other curenies. The yen is stable, or like in sweden lost in value.

So, its likely to se a pricedrop because of a low yen here but a price increase over in usa

10-18-2010, 06:33 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
why would the USD to the pound matter? last time I looked Hoya is not a US mfg...get ready as they have already boned the US buyers with daily price changes and the claims have been relative to the Yen so you guys are gonna start getting the same treatment in which ever way adds more profit to the Hoya coffers. But in general as long as gold keeps it's insane upward spiral we are all going to be paying more for everything. If there is not a November "price correction" (read profit taking) of gold, it will likely breach the $1500/oz level by year's end...it is already up over $300 for the year. Gold has always been and will keep being the true way to judge the state of global economy even if part of the modern prices is due to industrial needs being at record levels as well.
Hi Brecklundin,
I am no economist so I am probably wrong but my understanding is that most stuff is valued against the US dollar so if it gets weaker against other currencies, the price of commodoties also changes.
Cheers.