Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2010, 08:54 PM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The K10, K-x, K-r, and K-5 would all be feasible upgrades. I've listed them in order of cost, but obviously, each has its own ups and downs. I'd recommend the K-r, just because that's got the best LL performance of the group (then comes the K-5), gives you the biggest bang for the buck, and will probably last you for quite a while. It's controls are also very much like those on the DL.

Pentax K-5, Pentax K-r, Pentax K-x & Pentax *ist DL - Pentax Camera Comparison - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-22-2010, 07:22 AM   #17

Original Poster
Thank you all for your help. I am probably overthinking this. I do like some outdoor shots of people with my DL. Nice focus and nice awb/skin tones with the 50-200 lens. I realize I shot at iso 400 and 800 and I liked the look. I was shooting a band in a darker spot so I never changed the iso but still looked good.

I realize that the few times I have done low light it wasn't so great but I think I need a faster autofocus speed for continuous shooting more than anything(not sports just say a kid hopscotching, on a swing or seagulls in flight) I have attempted more of that than low light and I am sure any of the newer cameras will do that for me.

I loved the feel and build of the K7 when I held it and felt right at home with it so while my gut says something like the Kx/Kr if I am going to upgrade, I want to upgrade to a more pro body and vf hence maybe a K7.

Thank you for the comparison info and the suggestion of switching bodies just to try my technique on another camera. My gf liked that idea. But I think I will stick with Pentax.

Oh, here are those outdoor shots. Most straight from the camera with no processing and I am happy with the DL for this kind of stuff.

http://picasaweb.google.com/corvairfan/CrackerEarthDay2008?authkey=Gv1sRgCPzcxLSHn-66rgE#