Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2010, 08:20 AM   #31

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mmm, that does not bode well. Did they have to refund your paypal payment? I see the amount has debited from my account (I paid through amazon's marketplace), so I'm wondering if they'll just reverse the charge.

Dang. I was excited and nervous all at the same time. Now I'm just disappointed. (Assuming if it didn't work for the ebayers, it won't work for those of us purchasing directly through the site, either.)

10-19-2010, 08:21 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dulaney22 Quote
I saw this last night and hit BIN on Ebay. Got an email this morning canceling. Trying now to argue my way into the deal, but I doubt it'll work. I was looking at the K-5, but this deal looked too good to be true and it appears, at least for me, that it was. I hope other folks get lucky.
Dang, thanks for the update. I am guessing the same is going to happen on the direct buy.com listing from this morning too, oh well (it is too good to be true!)
10-19-2010, 08:28 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Like I mentioned on the other thread, on antonline's direct site, they didn't have this item, and the body only was well over a thousand dollars. I suspect this is Buy.com's mistake, and thus will not be honored. It is what it is.
10-19-2010, 08:33 AM   #34

Doesn't one enter a contract with the buyer, under eBay, where if one party cancels the other party has to agree, otherwise it's considered a breach of contract? (of which the repercussions I'm uninformed of)

10-19-2010, 08:43 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thefragger Quote
Doesn't one enter a contract with the buyer, under eBay, where if one party cancels the other party has to agree, otherwise it's considered a breach of contract? (of which the repercussions I'm uninformed of)
Technically, yes. But there are plenty of exclusions. Which is why there is bid retraction, cancellation of bids, delistings, cancelled purchases, etc. eBay has definitely swung to catering of the buyer (a seller can't even leave negative feedback anymore), and most of the protection goes to the buyer. However, you can still cancel a sale for myriad reasons.

I tend to not sell on eBay anymore unless absolutely necessary. It's just far too biased. I've been stuck several times where the buyer wins, doesn't respond to emails or pay, and I'm charged for the listing, and have to give the buyer 7 days until I can relist an item. Many times, in the case of event tickets and other time-sensitive items, you don't have seven days.
10-19-2010, 09:03 AM   #36
Inactive Account

Here's the email I received:

Thank you for shopping at Buy the Internet Superstore.

We apologize but we are unable to ship to APO or FPO Boxes, or to Puerto Rico, or to addresses outside of the 48 continental United States.

We are working on adding this capability but at this time we are unable to ship this order to your current shipping address.

Your order has been cancelled and your payment is being fully refunded.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

If you have any questions, please contact customer support by emailing us at support@computerstore.com

Sincerely,
Customer Support Team

My paypal lists a post office box and street address in the continental US. I sent a reply and a Buy rep said they couldn't ship to a PO box. I looked back at the listing and didn't see that anywhere, but I had a street addy listed as well. No further response has been received, so I filed a grievance with Ebay.

Hopefully some of you guys will get lucky. Mine was canceled fairly quick, so if your's isn't I wouldn't give up hope yet.
10-19-2010, 09:11 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Dang, sorry I missed that. Best deal I saw for a Pentax DSLR is for a K2000 + 18-55 mk II kit lens for $369.99 + $5.00 shipping - new with a 1 year Pentax warranty:

Moo? : Ou? p??' Ou? p???

Site is woot.com, but renamed moofi.woot.com/moofi/tuxedo

I've dealt with them for years and have bought thousands of $$$ worth of electronics and toys.
10-19-2010, 10:25 AM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dulaney22 Quote
I saw this last night and hit BIN on Ebay. Got an email this morning canceling. Trying now to argue my way into the deal, but I doubt it'll work. I was looking at the K-5, but this deal looked too good to be true and it appears, at least for me, that it was. I hope other folks get lucky.
I did the same, but have not received a cancellation notice. Yet.

There were two listings last night. The first listing had 8 units or so and was really vague. They didn't specify if it was body only or came with the kit lens. The description was just a copy/paste of the manufacturer's specs. They took that listing down and in the second listing there was more detail. In the second listing they specifically mentioned it was body only.

But here's the kick in the nuts. Both listings were titled as "NEW Pentax K-7 Digital SLR Camera - Black 17831"

17831 being the manufacturer's part number for the kit that comes with the 18-55mm lens. 17811 is the part number for the body-only.

So at this point, who knows. You know what they say, "If it sounds too good to be true..." But I guess i can keep hope alive in the meantime

10-19-2010, 10:50 AM   #39
Site Supporter

.... update.... i too have my doubts about my order through buy.com... and their linked retailer, antonline....buy.com wanted me to call antonline, i told them it was their job since i placed the order thru buy.com..... after 2 minutes of elevator music, they told me they would contact the supplier, and email me within 24 hours....
i promise one and all, if this deal does not go through, i will extract my pound of proverbial flesh from buy.com for not checking this thoroughly before getting us frenetic and frantic pentaxians all excited.... lol............ dave m
fyi... the man in charge of buy.com is one neel grover.... (they happily provide this on their website)..... wonder if he shoots pentax???
10-19-2010, 10:52 AM   #40
Inactive Account

I don't know what Ebay's policy is concerning large sellers, but small guys would have accounts suspended for a lot less.
10-19-2010, 10:52 AM   #41
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Considering that amazon has it cheaper now, and buy tends to have the lowest price I think i'll get mine. I ordered one last night on buy.com and there is a credit pending now on my card.
http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-Digital-Reduction-18-55mm-Resistant/dp/B002OHDB...7508634&sr=8-2
10-19-2010, 10:55 AM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bayareahdv Quote
Considering that amazon has it cheaper now, and buy tends to have the lowest price I think i'll get mine. I ordered one last night on buy.com and there is a credit pending now on my card.
Amazon.com: Pentax K-7 14.6 MP Digital SLR with Shake Reduction and 720p HD Video with DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL Weather Resistant Lens: Camera & Photo: Reviews, Prices & more
wth... is this for real? k-7 for 400 bucks on amazon !!
10-19-2010, 10:57 AM   #43
Veteran Member

I purchased one this morning from buy.com through amazon marketplace. I haven't received any cancellation notices yet, but after reading through some of your posts I guess I should be expecting it....although I'm hoping for the best.
10-19-2010, 10:58 AM   #44
Site Supporter

fyi... i checked the supplier to buy.com, antonline, they no longer stock the k-7, so maybe this was a stock dump.... i hope so..... and for all others who purchased through either buy.com or amazon (both used antonline for the k-7 at this sub 400 price)...
dave m
10-19-2010, 11:09 AM   #45
Veteran Member

The second rush (through Unbeatable Sales, Inc) on Amazon has already processed my card. We'll see what happens.
Closed Thread