Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Amazon seller is sold out, now.

10-19-2010, 11:18 AM - 1 Like   #47
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i contacted antonline directly... this price of 396 or so was a 'mislink'... duh... from those missing links... so... the story is that the credit will be issued by buy.com or amazon.com whose check out i used..... i told buy.com they should be much more careful with their listings... yeah, like that'll make any difference !!!!!!!!!!
i too ordered from amazon as rory did for unbeatable sales.... sounds dubious, but worth a shot.... albeit a long shot perhaps.........
dave m
10-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
i contacted antonline directly... this price of 396 or so was a 'mislink'... duh... from those missing links... so... the story is that the credit will be issued by buy.com or amazon.com whose check out i used..... i told buy.com they should be much more careful with their listings... yeah, like that'll make any difference !!!!!!!!!!
i too ordered from amazon as rory did for unbeatable sales.... sounds dubious, but worth a shot.... albeit a long shot perhaps.........
dave m
They have great ratings on Amazon if you look, and they have an independent site as well (www.shopubs.com).
10-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #49
Inactive Account

Got my order place on Amazon before it went down. Hope one of these pulls through.

10-19-2010, 12:01 PM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter

i just got through with buy.com...... and the KNOW of our collective displeasure with their lack of quality assurance and with antonline's inability to list an item correctly/honestly... still think it was the classic bait and switch... as opposed to their saying it was a 'mislinked item'
either it was incompetence of dishonesty... what a choice....
dave m
10-19-2010, 12:02 PM   #51
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
dave m
It was in being pre-paired to ship, but then just got an email informing me that someone informed them of there pricing mistake and canceled my order. Thanks dude :P not that I really needed a back up k-7.

With pricing mistakes I always got my order if I didn't call them and ask if the price was wrong ... go figure.
10-19-2010, 12:05 PM   #52

QuoteOriginally posted by bayareahdv Quote
It was in being pre-paired to ship, but then just got an email informing me that someone informed them of there pricing mistake and canceled my order. Thanks dude :P not that I really needed a back up k-7.

With pricing mistakes I always got my order if I didn't call them and ask if the price was wrong ... go figure.
Oh, man. No e-mail yet, but I assume they'll get to me...*so disappointed*
10-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #53

Fingers crossed that you haven't called Amazon/Unbeatable Sales yet. ..

dave m

10-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #54
Pentaxian

i just got through with buy.com...... And the know of our collective displeasure with their lack of quality assurance and with antonline's inability to list an item correctly/honestly... Still think it was the classic bait and switch... As opposed to their saying it was a 'mislinked item'
either it was incompetence of dishonesty... What a choice....
Dave m
Never ever call the seller!!!

First rule of slickdeals et al.
10-19-2010, 12:34 PM   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Never ever call the seller!!!

First rule of slickdeals et al.
Yeah. And if you do, don't complain about them finding it was a mistake.
10-19-2010, 01:04 PM   #56
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
IMO, the K-x is the best price/performance deal going for the next few months.

pentax k-x items - Get great deals on Cameras Photo, Electronics items on eBay.com!

Pentax Pentax K-x Digital SLR (Camera Body) (Black) 16701 - B&H

Amazon.com: Pentax 16701 12.4MP K-X Digital Camera (Black; Body Only): Camera & Photo

$439
10-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Retail, I whole-heartedly agree. However, no one will pay $700 for a Kx. Someone would for a K7. So the fact that at $440 you can get either makes your statement invalid.
10-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #58
Pentaxian

I dunno....I'm of the belief that if something seems too good to be true...then it probably is....
10-19-2010, 02:02 PM   #59
Ananta Androscoggin

Here's another probable price error listing, this time at a place called On Sale --

Pentax Imaging: PENTAX K-5 BODY KIT BLACK (14622)

Taking pre-orders and listing it for $811.99 -- which is the same price they have listed for the K-r body only.
10-19-2010, 02:03 PM   #60
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I dunno....I'm of the belief that if something seems too good to be true...then it probably is....
Excepting, of course, ISO 12,800 on the K-5. That's too good to be true.

But someday I'll have to give in and admit it might be true. Probably the day I get my grubby hands on it ....
Closed Thread