Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2010, 08:26 AM   #76
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by suliabryon Quote
Sadly, I missed the whole amazon thing. But my order from Buy.com is still "processing". No e-mail as yet canceling it, and the amount has debited from my account. I'm still holding out some hope.
Likewise.

10-20-2010, 08:28 AM   #77
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rory Quote
Would you please stop calling these places?
Jesus Christ, seriously...
10-20-2010, 08:34 AM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
if anyone ordered from amazon, to be fulfilled by unbeatablesale.com, they MAY actually have inventory in their warehouse, because they told me they actually checked while i was on hold... i should be receiving a confirmation today.... we shall see..
the antonline was bogus from the get-go...... keep hope alive... dave m
Well, you've single-handedly saved these companies a lot of money. I'm sure they appreciate it. My orders from Amazon through Unbeatable were just cancelled. Good job.
10-20-2010, 08:41 AM   #79
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
if anyone ordered from amazon, to be fulfilled by unbeatablesale.com, they MAY actually have inventory in their warehouse, because they told me they actually checked while i was on hold... i should be receiving a confirmation today.... we shall see..
the antonline was bogus from the get-go...... keep hope alive... dave m
Regarding:
ORDER #: 002-nnnnn-nnnnnn
REFERENCE #: nnnnnn

Dear woof,

Thank you for ordering from UnbeatableSale Inc.

We apologize for this inconvenience, but the Pentax K-7 14.6 MP Digital SLR with Shake Reduction and 720p HD Video with DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL Weather Resistant Lens, has just been put on extended Back Order and the manufacturer has it out of stock for the foreseeable future.
We have attempted to locate this item from another distributor with no success.

For your convenience, we are cancelling this order and crediting your Amazon account in full today, to allow you the option of shopping for a similar item.

If you would like to be notified when the item is available, please reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Hours: M-F 9-5 EST
Phone: 1-888-657-8436

10-20-2010, 08:42 AM   #80

My order from unbeatable sales was just cancelled They said it was backorder for the forseeable future from the manufacturer...according to Pentax...not true.
Back to square one and so disappointed.
10-20-2010, 08:47 AM   #81
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by squigglytwigs Quote
My order from unbeatable sales was just cancelled They said it was backorder for the forseeable future from the manufacturer...according to Pentax...not true.
Back to square one and so disappointed.
It's because someone pointed out the low price and made them look into it.
10-20-2010, 08:55 AM   #82

Photos: Gallery | Albums
oh boy! seems everyone can stop holding their breaths.
10-20-2010, 09:03 AM   #83
rm2

Companies have the right to cancel an order if they posted an incorrect price. That is a well known fact by all of us that have tried to get a similar "incredible deal" before. But, every once in a while a great deal does come around. So, it is always worth a shot. But, if the price seems too good to be true, don't hold your breath. They usually catch it in time (before shipping).

PS: On the other hand, there is currently a great deal for a K-7 on the market place.

Last edited by rm2; 10-20-2010 at 09:19 AM.
10-20-2010, 09:13 AM   #84
Inactive Account

I'm going to the store to get a fifth of grey goose and am going to wallow in my disgust with you members who blew this!!
I'm sickened by your very existence...
10-20-2010, 09:18 AM   #85
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rm2 Quote
Companies have the right to cancel an order if they posted an incorrect price. That is a well known fact by all of us that have tried to get a similar "incredible deal" before. But, every once in a while a great deal does come around. So, it is always worth a shot, But, if the price seems too good to be true, don't hold your breath. They usually catch it in time (before shipping).

PS: On the other hand, there is currently a great deal for a K-7 on the market place.
True, but good deals occasionally appear like this and go unnoticed. on a smaller scale, a few months ago there was a seller on amazon that was selling the pentax sling bag for some ridiculous price like five bucks shipped - and everyone got them. Why? Because nobody pestered the seller by calling and emailing to make sure their order was going to go through.
10-20-2010, 09:28 AM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
True, but good deals occasionally appear like this and go unnoticed. on a smaller scale, a few months ago there was a seller on amazon that was selling the pentax sling bag for some ridiculous price like five bucks shipped - and everyone got them. Why? Because nobody pestered the seller by calling and emailing to make sure their order was going to go through.
Exactly. Going through the internet, you keep your fingers crossed. Worst case, you get your money back. You don't call and complain, and thus bring attention to all the similar transactions.
10-20-2010, 09:39 AM   #87

Well my order from ANTOnline is still pending...but I now realistically think my chances of actually getting the k-7 delivered around the odds of the 49ers winning the Super Bowl this year.

All in all a little excitement for this so far mundane workweek.
10-20-2010, 09:41 AM   #88
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rory Quote
It's because someone pointed out the low price and made them look into it.
If I was him I'd watch my back...
10-20-2010, 09:46 AM   #89
Inactive Account

just to add fuel to the fire my ex wife just called and wants$600 to pay for co pay on daughter's braces,,immediately...

I think I'll go crawl back in bed and maybe I can start this day again..?

pretend the actual one was just a nightmare..
10-20-2010, 09:49 AM   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dasuhu Quote
Well my order from ANTOnline is still pending...but I now realistically think my chances of actually getting the k-7 delivered around the odds of the 49ers winning the Super Bowl this year.

All in all a little excitement for this so far mundane workweek.
True. Nothing lost. However, a few lucky souls that got orders through a third company, that wasn't called and badgered about the sale, have tracking numbers to their K7s at sub $500 prices. Would've been nice.

The Kx is a great camera, but for the next 100 shots or so, I know I'm going to be bummed.
Closed Thread