Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
10-20-2010, 10:10 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What a roller coaster for those involved. I've been amused at just reading the anticipation and hope. Congrats to the lucky few who received tracking numbers. You got a great camera for a sizzling deal. And thanks to the original poster who notified everyone else about the deals. I gave you a reputation point because you could've kept all this to yourself, but you didn't and alerted your fellow Pentaxians.

For future deals, I hope there would be similar camaraderie. And hopefully folks will learn to not call and badger the seller ruining a potential "fly under the radar" deal.

10-20-2010, 10:23 AM - 1 Like   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dasuhu Quote
Well my order from ANTOnline is still pending...but I now realistically think my chances of actually getting the k-7 delivered around the odds of the 49ers winning the Super Bowl this year.

All in all a little excitement for this so far mundane workweek.
Very true, doesn't hurt to have a little excitement, even if it will only lead to disappointment?

I don't see why everyone is being so hard on the guy that called the company to find out what's going on. It's not like he purposely tried to make this CHANCE we all took fall through. He was doing what he thought was best. Lay off it already.
10-20-2010, 10:27 AM   #93
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BlueBubbleBoy Quote
Very true, doesn't hurt to have a little excitement, even if it will only lead to disappointment?

I don't see why everyone is being so hard on the guy that called the company to find out what's going on. It's not like he purposely tried to make this CHANCE we all took fall through. He was doing what he thought was best. Lay off it already.
The issue is he did it with antonline, and then they cancelled it. Then he did it AGAIN. Look, you make a mistake, and didn't know, fine. But not only should it have been learned what happened yesterday when you do this, but it was brought to attention that it's not the brightest idea.

As was said, if it seems to good to be true..........but are you honestly going to tell me that you would call the retailer and ask them about it?
10-20-2010, 10:51 AM   #94

QuoteOriginally posted by dcmsox2004 Quote
if anyone ordered from amazon, to be fulfilled by unbeatablesale.com, they MAY actually have inventory in their warehouse, because they told me they actually checked while i was on hold... i should be receiving a confirmation today.... we shall see..
the antonline was bogus from the get-go...... keep hope alive... dave m
Don't you hate when someone does crap like this... I remember several years ago one of my aunts found some of those flip camcorders online for some ridiculously low price that didn't even make sense. So she bought like 12 of them 1 for each of her nieces and nephews. But 1 of her well-meaning sisters calls the company wondering if the price is a typo, and scared that if it is her sister's actually getting charged full-price for all these video cams. What do ya think happened- yeah that's right they reneged on the order and we were all mad at my other aunt... So yeah never call about a to-good-to-be-true deal from a reputable company or chances are it'l end up being just that...

10-20-2010, 12:25 PM   #95
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jgmankos Quote
I ordered from both Amazon (Electronica Direct) and eBay to cover my bases

I just got a tracking # from Electronica Direct....the camera should be delivered today so I'll post an update here when my wife gets the package and I can verify there's actually a K-7 in the box
Wife just called me.....DELIVERED

I didn't want her taking the camera out, or rooting through the box to verify everything is actually in there.. (she's not very camera savvy)...but she said the box says "Pentax K-7 DA 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR"

Last edited by jgmankos; 10-20-2010 at 12:42 PM.
10-20-2010, 12:31 PM   #96
Inactive Account

Congrats! Glad you editted your post!
10-20-2010, 12:53 PM   #97
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jgmankos Quote
Wife just called me.....DELIVERED
This just goes to show that the lowball deals ** can ** go through if people just sit tight and leave well enough alone.

Congratulations jgmankos!

woof!

Closed Thread