Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2010, 04:01 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Pentax K-x image display color flickering problem.

Hi i'm a new pentax k-x user...bought it this summer...and i was VERY happy till this afternoon when i discovered some strange behaviour of my camera: some pixels on the images displayed on the lcd screen flicker..it seems that black turns to yellow at regular intervals and white turns to red and back...
I'm worried..took a foto with manual focus and the lens covered, in the image display i get a foto that changes from black to yellow on a second interval and so on...
Revised the configuration, (it would be a really strange option though) and i dont seem to find what's the matter...
i'm starting to get worried, its really annoying..
it does it on all the fotos on 2 different sd cards, revised the manual, read the troubleshooting and searched google and the forums and i dont find this behaviour anywhere...(i really dont know how to describe it in a short manner anyway)
thx in advance...

(sorry if my english sucks and is full of mistakes....)

10-19-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
Inactive Account

What you're seeing are areas that are over/under exposed. Yellow flashing area are where the image is too dark to contain any detail information. Red flashing areas are where the image is over exposed and too bright to contain any information. Your camera is working normally. Enjoy it.
10-19-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ok thanks
What a noob
Read the manual after seeing your reply and found the damn option
someone, i got a slight idea of who, must have changed it and i had never seen a camera do that (i'm quite new to this world now its done.
thanks again.
10-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
option

just curious, what option did you find?

10-22-2010, 03:32 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
One in the display area of the menus that when enabled causes the deep black (or where it was so underexposed or overexposed that the sensor had no information..) to flicker, changing from black or white to yellow or red periodically...i had changed nothing on the configuration menus and got a bit alarmed by the sudden change in the behaviour of the camera...now i know who changed it and riposted..hope it doesnt escalate into a full prank war.
04-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #6

Just found this feature as well....

the option is called "Bright/Dark Area". You can turn it on, or off.