Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2010, 09:12 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Nic Quote
Does pentax recognize this as a defect? Would they do a free fix for it?
All cameras have their niggling issues. I wouldn't consider this a defect and they did have a firmware update for it. Probably an algorithm tweak.

10-21-2010, 09:17 PM   #47
Nic

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
All cameras have their niggling issues. I wouldn't consider this a defect and they did have a firmware update for it. Probably an algorithm tweak.

I just figured since you said it is still slightly noticable with the firmware upgrade.
10-21-2010, 10:01 PM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by HGMonaro Quote
I don't think so as there's no smearing of the edges of the lettering don't bleed into each other (that image is not the best to show it due to the 'starburst' graphics on the box confusing the problem). I haven't tried the tripod/flash combo... but, do I have SR on whilst on the tripod (since I believe that's part of the problem)? I'll upload a better (clearer) example tonight.
I realise there's no smearing, but what I'm saying is those images look exactly like my camera shake on a K-x. I get double images, not smearing, with shake.
10-22-2010, 01:13 AM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
I realise there's no smearing, but what I'm saying is those images look exactly like my camera shake on a K-x. I get double images, not smearing, with shake.

Understanding that this is becoming a separate thread, I'd just like to point out that with SR *on*, camera/hand shake can have a double image (rather than smearing) effect, because, if you remember, the sensor tries to compensate for the movement as much as possible--when you pass the threshold, the sensor will move to the new position, and then try to maintain that image. Hence, you will get a double (or multiple) image. When SR is off, shake should result in smearing.

10-22-2010, 01:43 AM   #50
Veteran Member

Good point, the firmware, but after upgraded to latest FW my K-7 start giving blurry images, with original v1.0 it was clearer, after I upgraded and start getting blurry images, I reset all my custom settings and start getting clear images again, I played with settings, I got blur again, I still couldn't figured out which setting tweak causing that. I hope I or someone else will find out which custom setting causing this one day.
10-22-2010, 08:36 AM   #51

What HGMonaro has shown has got nothing to do with the sharpness of your lenses or lens calibration. What his K-7 images show is a known issue with the K-7 when used with flash that was first discovered by some users in China. When flash is used, there is a slight double image recorded. This issue appears in varying degree, on some K-7s it is more obvious, less so on others. The latest firmware fix does does help reduce the severity of the double image but it does not fully go away. This only happen when flash is used so if you're shooting normally without flash, all is good. This is one of the niggling issues that made me dump my K-7 for the K-5. Thankfully I haven't encountered any issue like this on the new K-5.
Yeah, except that's absolutely, positively, camera shake. The root cause may be up for debate, but that image is the victim of camera rotation. Heaven help us too, because it went all Oliver North. When the image started, the lens was up and to the right. Taking the picture rotated it down, and to the left.

Might be defective SR, may be after image from red eye reduction flash.

It's still captured camera movement.
10-24-2010, 03:46 PM   #52

QuoteOriginally posted by cbaytan Quote
after upgraded to latest FW my K-7 start giving blurry images, with original v1.0 it was clearer
I noticed this as well when I updated the firmware on my K7 before I sold it.
10-25-2010, 08:21 AM   #53
SPB

Photos: Gallery | Albums
kittykat46 - you raise an interesting point there. I am glad that I went for the pancakes 21/40/35 Macro and 70mm. I also went directly from K10 to K7 and thankfully am very pleased with the images that I have been taking.