Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2010, 06:53 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K-x does concerts (9 images)

I took some pictures at two different concerts last month and though I would like to share a few of them.

I think it might be of interest to some people looking into the K-x as a nice, cheap(very cheap), low light alternative to the K-r.

Most of them were shot at iso 5000 and a few might have been at 3200. I think the K-x really performs well in such circumstances !

I used exclusively 3 lenses : Pentax-m 100mm 2.8, Vivitar (komine) 135mm 2.8 and a Tamron 28-75mm 2.8. I mostly used the two primes for their longer reach. They were all used wide open. (Although I think I might have stopped down the Tamron a little... not sure).

Hopefully the pictures size is reasonable, otherwise, let me know and I'll reduce it.

Feel free to comment and critics. I'm always looking forward to learn and become better.

All photo hosted on flickr at Concerts - a set on Flickr

Karl

10-20-2010, 07:02 AM   #2
Inactive Account

I like the last shot best. The guitar is nice and clear, while the rest of the photo, particularly the musician's head provides good bokeh. You might try the first pic in B&W also you might get the same effect there.
10-20-2010, 07:16 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Some nice pix. The K-x is very much in its element shooting live music.

Does flickr strip EXIF? It's a pity none is visible in any of these.
10-20-2010, 07:21 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Good question, I don't think it does though. I think it might have something to do with the way I actually included the images from flickr in the post. I sort of cheated I guess. I found the url and copied it instead of using their share option. However, I just checked and if you click on the flickr photoset I included before the pictures, there you can see all the exif. (You need to click on an image, and then, action (at the top of the image) and see exif.) Let me know if that helps! Also, if someone knows a better way to do this, let me know as well.

10-20-2010, 08:11 AM   #5
Forum Member

Flickr does not strip EXIF but there is an option in your account settings to prevent others from seeing that information. It is also possible that the third party app used to handle the photos before the upload to Flickr stripped this out.

I can see the EXIF information in Flickr, no problems.

Those are some good shots. The first one I was not terribly keen on, but the standard improved as you went along

Good stuff.
10-20-2010, 08:39 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
haha thanks Howard ! I too realize that the singer's face on the first one is VERY soft, I miss focused it big time indeed. Exposure could have been better too.
thanks for commenting.
10-20-2010, 08:40 AM   #7
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kp0c Quote
haha thanks Howard ! I too realize that the singer's face on the first one is VERY soft, I miss focused it big time indeed. Exposure could have been better too.
thanks for commenting.
Or you simply WANTED to focus on the guitar