Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2007, 05:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Firmware1.10 ISO setting by dial Question ?

The only update that interests me for now is the ability to control ISO with the dials. But, I don't want to do it by sacrificing the EV control. So, my question is, will I still be able to press the EV compensation button and use the front dial in Av mode to do exposure compensation? If YES, I presume the update allows the changing of the ISO by the front dial as it is rotated on it's own, adjusts EV when EV is pressed and adjust bracketing when bracket switch is pressd in? right?

The reason I ask is, the screenshot of the custom menu change shown with the firmware update seems to indicate I have to either choose the front dial for ISO or EV?

This link shows the screenshot (fourth one from the top) of the custom menu which seems to show a choice between ISO or EV for the dials.
PENTAX DIGITAL CAMERA INFORMATION PAPER

Thanks.

Last edited by pcarfan; 09-13-2007 at 06:18 PM.
09-13-2007, 07:12 PM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
The only update that interests me for now is the ability to control ISO with the dials. But, I don't want to do it by sacrificing the EV control. So, my question is, will I still be able to press the EV compensation button and use the front dial in Av mode to do exposure compensation? If YES, I presume the update allows the changing of the ISO by the front dial as it is rotated on it's own, adjusts EV when EV is pressed and adjust bracketing when bracket switch is pressd in? right?

The reason I ask is, the screenshot of the custom menu change shown with the firmware update seems to indicate I have to either choose the front dial for ISO or EV?

This link shows the screenshot (fourth one from the top) of the custom menu which seems to show a choice between ISO or EV for the dials.
PENTAX DIGITAL CAMERA INFORMATION PAPER

Thanks.
You can configure the front or back dial for av/ev/iso in the way that you want.
And if you press ev button and front dial you can change the ev and if you press ok and ther front dial you can change the ISO.
sorry if my english is no so good today,

Marcelo
09-13-2007, 07:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you!, you've been very helpful.
09-14-2007, 03:51 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Like mephiska said: If you set the front dial to be ISO, then just turning it will change the ISO. To change the EV you have to press the EV button on the back and turn the front dial.

I have found the upgrade very useful and now have the camera set so the empty dial in Tv and Av controls the ISO.

Last edited by Miserere; 09-15-2007 at 11:05 AM.
09-16-2007, 01:54 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote
Like mephiska said: If you set the front dial to be ISO, then just turning it will change the ISO. To change the EV you have to press the EV button on the back and turn the front dial.

I have found the upgrade very useful and now have the camera set so the empty dial in Tv and Av controls the ISO.
Thankyou for that clarification especially being your first post. So, the empty dial controls ISO even without the ok button, that would be very conveniant indeed. I will be upgrading soon.....
09-16-2007, 08:37 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
pcarfan, no OK button needed :-) But you do have to set this up in the Custom settings menu.