Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2010, 07:26 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dexmus Quote
dagaies - this is phenomenal. 1/40s at 51200 ---wow, probably the slowest shutter speed you can practically use for human subjects...This is still usable, WITHOUT a custom denoise software.

I have taken pics at 25600 on k-x, mostly at dimly lit restaurants. This is clearly more than a stop better at that range.

Thanks a lot,

Abhi
I was surprised too, given the shutter speed and the fact that it was an 85mm lens handheld (I don't always have the steadiest hands, even with SR).

I was intentionally trying ISO51200, so I adjusted the aperture to f/5.6 to give me a shutter speed of 1/80s. But after I metered it, I decided to add +1.0 EV, but I was in Av mode so instead of dropping the aperture to f/4 it (obviously) just adjusted the shutter down to 1/40s. But in the end it all worked out as it turned out to be both a good example of very high ISO and the SR system

10-21-2010, 01:56 PM   #17
Forum Member

Undoubtly very imressive results. This plus the already much admired new focussing system takes us Pentaxians to the next level. No longer looking longingly at certain benefits of the Canikons anymore, I hope.

So what is this (see enclosed image):

100% crop, just WB and slight tone correction, NR luminance 36, color 55 all in LR 3.2. Shot RAW with Kx at 12800, f5.6, 1/50sec with -2EV correction and tweaked in LR +2EV. I done that to appreciate the K-5 outcome in a more demystified manner. I don't think Kx did a bad job. I the lighter and mid tone areas, it would nearly be suitable, however enhancing EV by +2 leads to flat shadows on course. Would like to see even more of the K-5 stuff.
Attached Images

10-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Just tried my usual processing, 2 minutes of work max. To say I am impressed is an understatement, I guess my K20D wouldn't give as good result at ISO3200...

10-21-2010, 04:07 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Simplay stunning...looks better than iso 6400 with the K-7 for a more than a 3 stop advantage with more pixels. Just unbelievable...can't wait to see the DPR review for this camera.

10-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wowtip Quote
Just tried my usual processing, 2 minutes of work max. To say I am impressed is an understatement, I guess my K20D wouldn't give as good result at ISO3200...
Excellent work
10-23-2010, 08:59 AM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by 65535 Quote
Thanks to all of you (you bastards) I just ordered a K5. It better be as good as you make it seem or there'll be hell to pay!!
My sentiments exactly! I too have just hit the 'Submit Order' button. I'm gonna have some splaining to do!
"It's like this, see.. this camera is going to be so popular that the price will actually go up, not down."
10-23-2010, 09:53 AM   #22
Col
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JayBee Quote
My sentiments exactly! I too have just hit the 'Submit Order' button. I'm gonna have some splaining to do!
"It's like this, see.. this camera is going to be so popular that the price will actually go up, not down."
Good argument! :ugh:

Another is there will only be a limited number made (well they will stop production sometime).

Follows on from the anti-jogging one, when you die your heart stops, therefore, you have a finite number of heart beats so why use them up so quickly?