Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2007, 08:34 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Realignment of K10D SD card slot without sending it back to Pentax?

I have a K10D that seems to be trying to eat SD cards ever since I got it back from Pentax service. They replaced the sensor and/or circuit board (their words) and I've had two issues nagging the camera since then. One is it will not turn off no matter what position the switch is in. That seems to have gone away with use, but the other hasn't. The SD card slot doesn't seem to be aligned with the hole in the body. The card with rub its label side on the body of the camera, and is difficult to seat home and release. During the release push and click, it sticks for a bit and then pops out. I had a Corsair SD card crack horizontally a couple of weeks back, and this happens with different cards.

Is there any way to correct this without having to send it back to Pentax again? Are there any body diagrams or blow-ups floating around?

09-15-2007, 04:55 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Did it do this before you sent it to Pentax? How long since you got the camera back? If this is a new issue, it occurred when they reassembled the camera. Give them a call, explain the situation, and get them to expedite the repair, and to pay for shipment in both directions.

I had a situation where they only repaired 1 of 2 issues on a DS. When I sent it back to them, they returned it within a week.
09-15-2007, 05:07 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I'd send it right back to Pentax and make them fix it.
09-15-2007, 08:53 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom M Quote
I'd send it right back to Pentax and make them fix it.
I totally agree. You shouldnt have "live with" a problem like that.

09-15-2007, 11:34 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree to some extent that it should go back to pentax, if this problem did not exist priot to service, but note, I have 1 card (out of 9) which is a low cost nock off, 2GB card, and it is thicker than the others, and does exactly what you describe,.

It may only be the card