Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2010, 10:19 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My K20's DFS noise problems are back - again

Early in September I took my K20 in for warranty repair because of very high noise when bracketing. Both the main circuit board and sensor were replaced. So far so good, until this afternoon.

I took a drive up to Sedona (2 hours up, 2 hours back and 2 hours shooting) to catch the sunset with the red rocks and took 270 frames - primarily all bracketed. The last set was in the dark with the city lights, from up on the mesa. It should have been absolutely stunning. Well the last panoramic, 10 frames (2 panels @ 5 each) - 5 were garbage with very high noise. Essentially, they were frames that needed long periods of DFS. So my problems are back.....

Just finished stitching a 5 panel of 5 bracketed frames (2ev). 80% looks great, however the last panel has some grit in it - which means a couple of the frames has some noise in them too.

Where I had some light, things appear to be alright. However, after dusk - I might have just shot through a sandstorm. Not really a happy camper - I was really looking forward to have a set of absolute stunning shots. Oh well...... I guess I'll be calling Pentax and CIRS tomorrow.

10-24-2010, 11:19 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry to hear this, and I'd not heard of this kind of problem before. Being a recurring issue, sounds like the repairers missed something crucial affecting DFS results. Hope it works out for you.