Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
Inactive Account

K20D lover

Hello fellow Pentax lovers, I thought I would just pop in and say hi, I have been an avid Pentax fan since early film SLR days and would never want any other brand, I love their lenses in particular. Sadly, my days of SLRing are now numbered as I have had plates and screws inserted into my lower spine and carrying a heavy SLR, lenses, tripod etc is cruel! Enjoy your photography while you can?
Kind regards,
Bram Taylor
Rosebud, Vic, Australia

10-26-2010, 06:21 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All the best with your health bramt, and welcome to the Forum.

Put a nice new DA 35mm / 2.4 on your K20D, and you will fall in love again, this time with a much lighter camera! Shooting with this lens (a close equivalent to a 50mm lens on film) makes me feel like I'm using a classic SLR. And it weighs so little!
10-27-2010, 02:50 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by filmamigo Quote
All the best with your health bramt, and welcome to the Forum.

Put a nice new DA 35mm / 2.4 on your K20D, and you will fall in love again, this time with a much lighter camera! Shooting with this lens (a close equivalent to a 50mm lens on film) makes me feel like I'm using a classic SLR. And it weighs so little!
Thanks Filmamigo for your kind thoughts and suggestion but my mobility is such now that, although I love my Pentax camera and all it represents, I have severe health problems that are not going to go away and I will be looking for someplace to sell everything at far below cost even though I have only taken about 100 photos! A Pentax K20D and lenses etc. Very sad but it will all have to go for about half price!!
Kind regards,

Bram
10-27-2010, 04:08 AM   #4
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, but sorry to hear that Bram. Hope that at least you'll be able to enjoy photography some other way, more practical for you in your situation.

Take care.

10-27-2010, 04:17 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Maybe its time for that Leica
You only live once!
10-28-2010, 03:06 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanls all for your replies and I think WerT is just about hit the nail on the proverbial head!! Once I dispose of my lovely K20D equipment I will be diving into the deep end again and getting myself a compact, Leica or whatever I deem is the best and most suitable, I will have a good look around first and read a few revues etc. I have not checked yet, been too busy but I believe this site has a 'Market Place' that enables sales of Pentax gear, must check it out and see what the go is?
Cheers,
BramT