Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2010, 02:26 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Minolta 135mm f3.5 lens on Pentax K100D

Hello,

I've recently got a Minolta 135mm f3.5 lens... price that could not be refused even if i knew that it will not fit on my Pentax K100d... but i still have hopes that there's a solution to make in fit. I understood that there are some adaptors, rings that could make the transition from MD mount to PK mount... coult you tell me more about this and also any other ideas are valuable to me!

Thanks!

10-27-2010, 02:53 AM   #2

Flange focal distance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Minolta MD mount has a less flange focal distance than the Pentax K mount, and thus it would require a glass element in place, which will degrade the quality.
Even the Canon EF mount(which is one of the most versatile mounts available for other makers mounts to fit) has a larger flange focal distance than the Minolta MD mount.
10-27-2010, 04:13 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
there is, if you look on E-Bay a minolta to PK mount adaptor with optical correction for the regestry distance. acts like a teleconverter with between 1.2 and 1.4x magnification.

Also, if you are brave yo can take the mount and aperture lever off and convert it to a manually actuated (stopped down) aperture lens by using a flanged adaptor.

I did this with a Kiron 20mmF2 lens. It takes a little grinding and careful accounting of all the parts to get the regestry distance correct but it can be done
10-29-2010, 01:19 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thank you for your answers!

so, if I get one of those adaptor rings(without correction lens) what would happen? I mean what problems could appear using this lens?

I understood that there will be no infinity focus, but practically what that means?