Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Buy.com K-7 sales

There was an older thread on the recent buy.com K-7 sales. It is marked as closed now. I don't know why and ask any mod to close this one if it violates some rule, but I am asking for anyone who purchased (or tried to purchase) one of those cameras please pm me concerning this matter. I have some information which may aid in dealing with them. Thanks, Lee

10-27-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Might it be some good news??
10-27-2010, 04:40 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Maybe you're a lawyer and can get everybody taken care of?? LOL
wishful thinking for many I'm sure..
10-27-2010, 04:41 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Check the Marketplace: Wanted: Price watch threads, the buy.com K-7 sales moved there.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-price-watch/119211-short-lived-%24400-k7-deal-3.html

10-27-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Epiphany Quote
Maybe you're a lawyer and can get everybody taken care of?? LOL
wishful thinking for many I'm sure..
Actually, I am and am filing a complaint on my behalf tomorrow. They have sent me several conflicting positions and I'm fairly confident they are in violation of my state's (Mississippi) consumer protection laws for bait-based/deceptive practices. I was gonna let it go too but they've lied a little too much. They first told me they couldn't ship to a military FPO box, which I don't have. Then they said couldn't send to a PO . . . I gave them a street address. Then they said my address wasn't verified . . . that's not in the listing (mine was off ebay) requirement. Then they said they would honor it. When I called them, they attempted to take the order, then said their computer was down and would call back. Of course, they didn't and when I called back they advised there was a pricing error and that they would give me a $40 credit toward a future purchase.

I will be happy to send anyone the conflicting positions forwarded to me (via email . . . their mistake) if you want to contact your state's attorney general or consumer affairs division. These sales were pretty clear bait tactics. I originally thought it was probably a mistake and wouldn't have even pushed if not for the lies and runaround I've received.

My understanding is that there was one Ebay listing of 6, then another of 4. Buy.com later had it for that price on their website and Amazon had it listed through unbeatable. That's a lot of honest mistakes. Anyway, I'm pretty much appalled at the lengths they will go to in hopes that you will just give up. I'm gonna see how they feel about having to answer a complaint in Tupelo, Mississippi.
10-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by chalion Quote
Check the Marketplace: Wanted: Price watch threads, the buy.com K-7 sales moved there.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-price-watch/119211-short-lived-%24400-k7-deal-3.html
Thank you . . . I didn't see that link.