Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2010, 08:29 PM   #1

Firmware upgrade

If I haven't done any firmware upgrades to my K10D and I only update with the latest firmware issue, won't I be missing out on any of the fixes that came with any previous issues? If this is so, where can I find those other versions? I only noticed the latest (if 1.30 is the latest) and didn't see downloads for all the previous versions.

Can anyone help me with this?

Best Regards

10-27-2010, 08:34 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
it is my understanding that they are cumulative, all past updates are already in there.
10-27-2010, 09:14 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Agree with KansasHorizons.com, you can jump to the latest firmware version.
10-27-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
Raylon

When firmware updates I think the entire code is simply rewritten, not patched, so you simply have the latest and greatest. Kind of like installing a fresh copy of windows.

10-27-2010, 09:38 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by FishrOfGrizz Quote
If I haven't done any firmware upgrades to my K10D and I only update with the latest firmware issue, won't I be missing out on any of the fixes that came with any previous issues? If this is so, where can I find those other versions? I only noticed the latest (if 1.30 is the latest) and didn't see downloads for all the previous versions.

Can anyone help me with this?

Best Regards
Unless you are running SDM lenses, you only need to go to v1.20. It can be found here.

Downloads

On the off chance you might want to hack into the debug menu (for adjusting AF) you do not want to go further than 1.30.