Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
Inactive Account

How to stop Dust alert. Please help immediately.

hi
i have a big problem and donot find the solution. plz help
i buy a pentax k20d today and change setteing for better shoting but i thouch ok botton and my camera go to a flasher red light and write on lcd CLN and i do not what do now. in page 252-254 says do not turn off but it is about 2 hours that it is flash. help me and say what can i do?
thanks
sakineh shekofteh

10-28-2010, 03:32 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What changes were you trying to make to the programme. Is it just to disable the dust alert?
It is a little vague what you are describing.
I dont understand why you can't turn off the camera? Switch it off and switch on again and follow the instructions exactly as you have on those pages you quoted.
10-28-2010, 05:04 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Hi sakineh,

Probably too late, but it sounds like you have activated the sensor cleaning mode where the mirror flips up and the shutter opens to give you access to the sensor. Turn the camera off, the on again. You should hear the shutter close and the mirror flip down. Everything should be fine, but you might have to recharge your battery again.

Scott
10-28-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I guess I shouldn't bother responding to some threads because they just disappear. Wasn't there one of these in another forum? Or This one? Very annoying.

10-29-2010, 10:46 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thank you my new friends.
i fear that this action may be DESTROY OR DAMAGE ONE part of my camera. now i get some pics but i did not see any change. i will show camera to one of my friends to check its changes. thanks. (that night i did not access to noone except u)