Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2010, 10:53 AM   #1
Forum Member

How to report a firmware bug to Pentax?

I've discovered what I believe to be a bug with the K5's firmware. How would I submit it to Pentax?

The bug is that I've been setting up my USER modes. On one I forgot to set it to Auto-ISO and set it up as ISO 100. I'm supposed to be able to resave new settings as per the instructions on page 231 of the manual and this has worked for other things but I cannot get it to work with Auto ISO. I have other USER settings with Auto ISO as well as some with the ISO set to one value so I know this works for USER settings, it just appears that I cannot change this one setting. Everytime I resave this USER setting with Auto ISO it just reverts back to ISO 100.

I guess as a work-around I'll have to clear that USER setting and redo it, but this certainly seems like a bug to me. Maybe they've already caught it and will fix it in the upcoming patch, but if not, I'd like them to fix it.

10-31-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Email a bug report.
10-31-2010, 04:30 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I'm having a similar problem with setting up bracketing.
For the life of me, I can't get it to hold 2 parameters the same.