Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-03-2006, 06:56 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Got the K100...its good to be back

Well I finally took the plunge. I bought the K100D. I gotta say its a fine camera. Fits my hand like a glove.

There really isn't much to take pictures of yet but its fun to play.

12-03-2006, 07:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Better get crackin'. There is always something of which to photograph, it just means you have to 'change your focus' so to speak. Even the mundane, with the proper DOF can be interesting. Looking forward to your posts. Welcome.
12-03-2006, 08:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clarenceclose Quote
Better get crackin'. There is always something of which to photograph, it just means you have to 'change your focus' so to speak. Even the mundane, with the proper DOF can be interesting. Looking forward to your posts. Welcome.
Oh I know, but I have had a long day... Actually I'm experimenting with SR, seeing how slow I can go...
12-04-2006, 06:39 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome back. You will enjoy the camera a lot. It allows the photographer to do so many things. Try to find another entry level camera with mirror lockup, spot meter, wired cable release and the ability to use older lenses with metering. Go show Pentax.
One question. You are back. Where did you go?
thanks
barondla

12-04-2006, 03:41 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Welcome back. You will enjoy the camera a lot. It allows the photographer to do so many things. Try to find another entry level camera with mirror lockup, spot meter, wired cable release and the ability to use older lenses with metering. Go show Pentax.
One question. You are back. Where did you go?
thanks
barondla
Oh, I sold my K1000 about six years ago to pay the rent (I am a starving artist after all) and went digital with the 33WR. When I went for my first dslr the *ist D was too expensive and I ended up with a D70. Wonderful camera vut I wanted a smaller camera for travel and backpacking. THought about the D50 but antishake won me over.

THe D70 goes the the fiancee and to the times when I need a fast RAW buffer.
12-04-2006, 03:43 PM   #6
Veteran Member

welcomeback. look froward to some pictures from you.Hope your not starving anymore. Hate to see you sell the K100
12-04-2006, 03:59 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by arbutusq Quote
Well I finally took the plunge. I bought the K100D. I gotta say its a fine camera. Fits my hand like a glove.

There really isn't much to take pictures of yet but its fun to play.
at least you have warm weather to take pics

cheers