Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2010, 08:51 AM   #31

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Late to the discussion, but I think you will like the K20. Definitely for someone shooting older lenses, it would be a huge jump from the Nikon you are shooting (in particular because of sensor IS). I would think that any reputable camera store would tell you the number of shutter actuations on a camera they were selling (as will any of the sellers in the marketplace). Usually it isn't the shutter that dies anyway, it is the electronics inside...

To me, the biggest improvements between the K20 and K7 (aside from the ergonomics) are quieter shutter in K7, significantly better auto white balance in the K7, and video. If these things don't make a difference to you, than the K20 is definitely the way to go.

As for tethering with the K20, it is capable of using the Pentax Remote Assistant in the same way that the K10 did. No difference with regard to functionality.
None of those make a difference to me actually...video is not for me at all, I usually set my own white balance(can multiple ones be saved, maybe like 3?)and the K20D seems just as well built from what I hear, I can get used to most ergonomics usually, seems the K20D seems like a comfortable shape at least, just bigger which is alright with me. Guess I will go with the K20D unless I find a K7 for a great price.

11-04-2010, 08:59 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jjdgti Quote
I had a K10D and now a K20D. The K20D is an improvement over K10D.
I like the K20D better, although I was able to get nice pictures with the K10D.
I do not have a K-7, so no opinion. K10D and K20D are the same size while K-7 is smaller.

If you think a K20D is good enough, get it and invest your money in good lenses.

Budget also have something to do in your decision:
K10D goes for $300 - $450
K20D goes from $400 - $550
K-7 goes from $650 - $750+

This prices depends on condition of the camera, shutter count, etc.
This is MHO.
+1, but I would say that the K20D is a BIG improvement over the K10D
a) much better high ISO output
b) the ability to micro adjust the AF on up to 20 lenses
c) greater DR

NaCl(not revolutionary changes but lots of evolutionary changes)H2O
11-04-2010, 09:14 AM   #33

Original Poster
Thats good to know, I think I am gonna go with the K20D, seems some people like em better then the K7 sometimes so I guess its subjective and ones not exactly much beter then the other. Hey one question maybe someone here knows, the Katseye focusing screen, that would be better for using manual lenses right? Is there any disadvantages? Is the optibrite worth it for the extra 100 dollars?