Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: What do you think of K10D grip?
Awesome 1762.96%
Good, but could be better 311.11%
Just Average   00%
I'll get it as soon as I buy the K10D 725.93%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2006, 10:13 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Picked up aother Pentax battery today and have ordered two NP-400 batteries for $28 (for both) plus a 12-24v/100-240v charger for $24. I think that will do me for a while.

The offset attachment hole is not that big a deal I think, if using a tripod and alignment is critical then I think dispensing with the grip will be pretty trivial really.

12-07-2006, 11:14 PM   #17
Veteran Member

I just tried one with my K10 today. I've never had one before, so to me, it felt excellent. Cash is a little short at the moment, but I'm going to get one for sure.
12-08-2006, 12:00 AM   #18
Veteran Member

That sounds encouraging. I heard it will be soon next week for oz. I pray and pray...

My hands are smaller in size but i love to have 2 batteries in one handle - lasting much more longer for battery charge
12-08-2006, 02:10 AM   #19
Forum Member

I have my grip on order as well. I tried it out here at a local "digital expo" and was sold. Now, I like the feel of the camera as is but for my paws, the grip seems to add a place for my pink to rest on rather than under the body. Either way, I'm not in a huge rush but I'm looking forward to the grip and the extra battery. (And that is worthy of comment as well...I think its neat how the two battery system works. Being able to choose one or the other. Or let the camera decide which is stronger.)

Cheers!

12-08-2006, 03:33 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Mine arrived a couple of days ago. Makes a big difference in how I hold the camera. This is the first portrait grip I've owned, so using it in portrait orientation is a bit strange for me, but I'm loving it. Much more comfortable to use with the second set of controls.

B&H has those Impact batteries back in stock. I ordered a couple of them and a charger, so I think I'm set on power.

Cheers
-Alan
12-08-2006, 02:21 PM   #21
MnR

Hi,

It is funny that you have to order the grip when there are already two on eBay. The bad thing is that they are being offered by TRI-STATE. Not a good company to deal with. They are one of the New York/Brooklyn camera stores

Rudy
12-09-2006, 05:12 AM   #22

Got my Grip Thursday; shot with it today. It certainly changes the camera. Much bulkier, but to my surprise I don't mind, as the Grip also greatly improves MY grip on the camera. I don't feel comfortable yet changing grips to shoot in portrait format; I prefer to simply bring my right hand over the top; it's faster that way. Very handy having that extra battery and SD card storage. Makes the camera feel more stable with a long lens, but I feel silly putting the DA40 on the camera!

Also makes me appreciate how light and compact the DS is!

Last edited by ChrisN; 12-10-2006 at 04:54 AM.
12-09-2006, 07:38 PM   #23

Some pics of the grip and comparison with DS
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
CYBERSHOT  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
CYBERSHOT  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
CYBERSHOT  Photo 

Last edited by ChrisN; 12-10-2006 at 12:28 AM.
12-09-2006, 07:47 PM   #24

Original Poster
Your pics are not showing because you have to log into that link.

Just post them directly here.
12-10-2006, 12:29 AM   #25

Thanks Pete. Fixed.
12-10-2006, 03:11 AM   #26

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisN Quote
Thanks Pete. Fixed.
Not a problem mate.

Was in Fletchers on Friday and they had four K10Ds on the shelf.

Starting to get a few reasonable shots, have posted a few here and there, had to post a few at work and scare all the Cononites and Nikonions! ;-)

Have to do a QUACS trip and catch up with you to try that 40mm, reminds me, I have a 28mm F2.8 Tamron adaptall lens around here somewhere that I must try.
12-10-2006, 09:38 AM   #27
Veteran Member

I wish the front edge was a little less sharp and shallow, it could hold two batteries and the shutter button was not so easy to brush with your hand in normal orientation.
Other than that it looks good and is well made and functional. Like the SD storage idea. Sadly it wont hold my cable remote!!
12-10-2006, 12:54 PM   #28

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by *isteve Quote
I wish the front edge was a little less sharp and shallow, it could hold two batteries and the shutter button was not so easy to brush with your hand in normal orientation.
Other than that it looks good and is well made and functional. Like the SD storage idea. Sadly it wont hold my cable remote!!
Not to many grips that let you have more than two batteries (including what is in the camera so in that regard it is on par with every other grip/camera combination and it does limit the weight just a little.

You just have to get in the habit of turning the second set of controls off when not in use.

It does hold the wireless remote and a spare card though, maybe could just fit one of the pancake lenses with a bit of squishing!!
12-10-2006, 05:53 PM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by *isteve Quote

hm..I have large hands, and i never had a problem w/ the grip controls on normal orientation. in fact aside from the shutter release (and green), i find it's hard to press the EV and AE-L buttons even on vertical orientation. I do find it annoying that it only holds one battery (the 2nd one is still in body), you have to take the grip off to swap out the 2nd battery. (much like the *ist films grip)