Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2010, 02:54 PM   #1

Pentax Cashback in UK

Hi all, especially those in the UK,
I have just seen, on the Pentax UK website, that if you buy a K-5 or K-r between November 4 and January 15, you can get cashback of either £80 or £120. I think this is an absolute disgrace and penalises people like me who bought the camera before this date. Do you think we can all contact Pentax UK and lodge a very strong protest? I will certainly be ringing them tomorrow to register my protest and DEMAND that I be given the cashback as well. the other option would be to return the camera and then buy it again!
Regards.

11-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #2

Original Poster
I have actually written a complaint at the Pentax UK website. This is what I wrote:
"I bought my camera last week and apart from one or two niggles, which I hope are being addressed, I am quite happy with things. I am however very disappointed that you have offered cashback to people who buy the camera between 4 November and 15 January. I feel this is extremely unfair to loyal Pentax users who went and bought their cameras as soon as they were available.
As I mentioned above, I am extremely unhappy with your policy and expect that I will also be entertained and given the appropriate cashback of £80 for my K-5, body only. If that is not possible, I will have to seriously consider my commitment to your brand and will think of returning the camera.
I look forward to hearing from you at the earliest."

Can others also please lodge their protests?

Thanks.
11-03-2010, 03:08 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is usual for a lot of companies and stores to offer discounts during Holidays. Why is it such a surprise? Pentax had to start it at some date . Nov 4th or Sept 4th...
11-03-2010, 03:13 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dexmus Quote
It is usual for a lot of companies and stores to offer discounts during Holidays. Why is it such a surprise? Pentax had to start it at some date . Nov 4th or Sept 4th...
No issue with the date Dexmus, but given that the camera was released in the UK only last week, it would make sense to include people who have bought it in the first week. Had the offer been for later, say December, then I don't think I would have an issue.

11-03-2010, 03:28 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
where did you see this? Link? I just looked and I don't see any such notice.
11-03-2010, 03:30 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by qtopplings Quote
where did you see this? Link? I just looked and I don't see any such notice.
Here you are:
Information - PENTAX Europe Imaging Systems
12-14-2011, 04:23 AM   #7

Cashback

Naim,
I was searching for the cashback offer for December 2011 and I came across your post.
Could you update us with the outcome?
I would like to get the K5 and I see that while across Europe there is the cashback offer also this year, this is not happening in Italy where I am resident.
Thanks
Ant

12-16-2011, 01:47 PM - 1 Like   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Antanico Quote
Naim,
I was searching for the cashback offer for December 2011 and I came across your post.
Could you update us with the outcome?
I would like to get the K5 and I see that while across Europe there is the cashback offer also this year, this is not happening in Italy where I am resident.
Thanks
Ant
Hi Ant,
You may have noticed that this happened almost a year ago. If Pentax have an offer then it is a new one and nothing to do with the one I was talking about. Why don't you contact Pentax Europe to ask about the offer in Italy?
Regards.