Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2010, 02:20 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
pentax *st DS focusing screen

hallo pentaxian,

i have a little bit problem with this focusing screeen, been try to look for in forum but it s not enouhg to giving me some information.

here is the thought, i want to change the split screen in Pentax p-30 to my old *DS,

and my questions is ?

1. can we just put off the focusing screeen from Pentax p-30, how is it ? anyone ever done that ?
2. will be this suit for Pentax *ist DS, if not, or perhaps is too big, i can cut it , but if it is too small, will be a problem
3. how we can change the split screen on *st DS ? will be affected to AF if we change the split screen ?

im really really happy if some one in this forum giving me the right clue to done this, because the split screen from P30 is tempting me...

thanks

regard
ewig

11-04-2010, 04:21 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Considering you can get a split image s teen from jinfinance on eBay for about $30. I don't see the point in butchering an otherwise perfectly good camera For the split image
11-04-2010, 04:29 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
yeah..you right ...
but if the old p30 is unuseable, then i think it will be more usefull if i just took the focusing screen and put in into *ist DS... 30 usd compare to gratis ..
how it is sound ?