Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-09-2010, 05:58 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ian G Quote
Thanks michael, I havent really handled those sigma or tamron models but for my longer shots I use an old tamron adaptall a19sp (I think) 70-200. Its almost easier to use than the dal18-55 and I certainly see more clearly. I might have been put off by the third party lenses because of my sigma 18-200 which obviously distorts at extreme focal ranges. but maybe I should think about the fast third party lenses.
It seems to me you should definitely "..think about the fast third party lenses..." as in some cases they will cost-effectively out-perform branded lenses for your purposes.

Dave

PS how high an ISO (and with what PP and for what display format) have you found acceptable with your Kx?

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aperture, balance, camera, dslr, iso, light, photographer, photography, portfolio, range, shoot, shots