Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-09-2010, 11:27 AM   #46

Photos: Gallery
I can't wait to get my K7!

I too was criticized here for stating I wanted a K7. Listen, I have a K200d and it's great, but the auto focus and shutter burst doesn't suit my needs anymore. The main reason though is I take video too and need an all-in-one package. I never video record anymore because it's a pain to have to carry a separate video camera and to switch all the time. To switch on the fly in one camera when needed is very appealing to me.

I am selling my video camera and my old K100DS and for the price I can get a K7 and still have my K200D as a back-up. In a year or two, I'll get the K5. I really don't need the latest tech. The video and body (weather sealing, etc.) of the K7 is perfect.

I have been dreaming of owning a K7 since it was first announced.

Bash away!!

11-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The k-7 sensor is quite remarkable at low ISO's, and the dynamic range is on par with *most* cameras, so I would not worry about it too much. In time, the K-5 will be blown away by the K-3, and on and on...

I have no desire to upgrade my k20d although I know I will see improvements in some areas... this stuff will always be improving! Early adoption comes with a hefty price tag . Thats why they say invest in the glass, invest in the glass.
11-09-2010, 02:08 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by paperbag846 Quote
invest in the glass.
Best advice around
11-09-2010, 05:45 PM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Your friendly moderator staff has added a SARCASM Alert to "your" thread title to somewhat protect the OP from overly zealous forum members.
Well, that just takes down the fun factor a bit.