Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2010, 05:44 AM   #1
Inactive Account

First Post

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/75710d1289392690-first-post-jamaican-parrots.jpg

My first post hope it comes through. I shot this morning.Please note a very heavy crop using Sigma 100-300 @ 300mm.The IQ not what i wished but i thought i would share the moment.

Attached Images

11-10-2010, 05:50 AM   #2
Pentaxian

welcome to Pentax forums.

not a bad effort, You might want to remember that the sweet spot for almost any SLR lens is typically two stops down from it's widest aperture*. So that means f/8 is where the sigma 100-300 really shines - in fact, the image quality from the sigma 100-300 f/4 is almost completely indistinguishable from a 300mm prime at f/8. The only thing that lets it down is the low number of aperture blades.

*some lenses, particularly macro lenses tend to perform extremely well even at their widest apertures.
11-10-2010, 06:10 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks.
The lens was stopped down to F8.The image was cropped down to 2 mega pixels,K7 @ ISO 400,1/250s,hand held.I really did not spend much time to tweak in PP.I have come to appreciate the moment of the capture more these days.